Firmware v1.0.36 for Zidoo H6pro

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by bob, Sep 6, 2018.

1. manik

manik New Member

What's the point of talking for Kodi 18 when it's at alpha stage yet? Just stick with 17.6 for the moment.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  2. manik

manik New Member

Actually fixes Google Play as stated. For the other bugs just wait for a new firmware.

3. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

I’m still getting random crashes. When watching a tv show or movie no matter what player I use it just stops. Then have to relaunch movie or show and hope it doesn’t happen again. Been like this since 1.0.13 and still exists. It’s the sole purpose of the box

4. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

5. manik

manik New Member

6. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Yes, about that program still in development stage, I want to have it. Just don't answer if you have no valid suggestions to make.

7. manik

manik New Member

Then install it and don't ask if you are brave enough....

8. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb New Member

Umm, question for developers - WHY, oh why, would you remove a perfectly fine and functioning File Explorer in this latest 1.0.36 firmware?

We literally have no way, out of the box, to browse the files/folders on the box anymore... and have to install a third party file explorer of some sort, usually filled with ads...

Bring this back in the next firmware update, for the love of God.

9. Renixo

Renixo New Member

dikonomi likes this.
  10. JD1983

JD1983 New Member

Zidoo, you suck. We wait months with no answers and out of the blue a firmware update that only fixes google play services. Even that was a fail, I still get the Google Play Services has stopped, I tried as an update, I tried as a fresh install still there. Your months of “hard work” only shows us how incompetent your company is and you really should just stop making boxes, or hire another company to do the firmware for you that knows what they are doing.

In the meantime my only solution was to disable Google Play Services which obviously stops Google Play Store from working, but at least I’m not getting harassed with the message.

Sort yourselves out!

Justin

11. peter rimmer

peter rimmer Member

still getting it with 1.0.36 downloaded

12. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

Is HEVC now working in KODI? There was to be a special KODI edition for the H6 Pro.

13. Victor Shocot

Victor Shocot New Member

KODI 17.6 runs this file over network(LAN) perfectly

zidoo settings:1080P24
    mediacodec off

MKV file

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration : 2 h 8 min
    Bit rate : 44.3 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.223
    Stream size : 39.7 GiB (90%)
    Title :
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : SMPTE ST 2084
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primar : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Le : 153 cd/m2

14. Grzegorz Bakuła

Grzegorz Bakuła New Member

La la land?
    It is good info. I will try this firmware.

After few hours:
    Ufff, hevc is working again in Kodi.

I'm still waiting for special Kodi edition for h6 pro.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  15. jjjackson

jjjackson Member

I have the same Goggle Play problem most times after I first start the STB. Once I reboot everything seems fine. Before 1.36 I didnt have the problem.

16. John2211

John2211 New Member

I have a box whic

17. John2211

John2211 New Member

I have a h6 pro I bought in China but use in Thailand
    I saw messages about manual update since auto online update doesn't work
    My version is 1.0.13
    My only problem is google playstore-everything else fine
    Can I update to 1.0.38 without problems?

18. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

Regarding firmware 1.0.36, which supposedly fixes Google Play problems, i have installed this update on over 6 H6 Pro units and the result is the same: it is working good for some time and then playstore starts to crash repeatedly! I have done a full reset to the units, step by step updating with every firmware version after 1.0.13 (20, 25, 28, 36), the result is the same. As soon as a google account is entered, the unit starts crashing.
    I have also setup from start a completely new, just bought, Zidoo H6 Pro with exactly the same results, playstore or play services are crashing all the time.

My opinion is that Zidoo DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PLAYSTORE PROBLEM and is just experimenting. They have given this project to programmers with NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL, as their main team is dealing with optimising their other models and releasing new ones....

Zidoo has released a device with good hardware, but no software support at all. Even if their staff replies to this forum that they are trying a new firmware which solves this problem and severall others, it will always be late for Zidoo owners, who have bought a unit with a price close to 90-100 euros and CANNOT USE IT due to company's incopetence to provide a reliable firmware

This kind of support and behavior towards customers may be acceptable in China, but it is UNACCEPTABLE in Europe and european customers. Moreover, i, as a member of severall technology forums in Europe and USA, will denounce this behaviour, posting on every thread about Zidoo H6 and about every unit that Zidoo has released and is going to release in the near future, warning potential customers NOT TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!!!

Nasty and Crife60 like this.
  19. John2211

John2211 New Member

Hello I followed your advice and updated to 1.0.36
    Playstore working okay now but I have lost all sound on all programs
    I looked in settings but everything seems okay there
    What do I need to do now?
    Please help

20. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

can i downgrade from this horrible firmware