Eversolo music player doesn't play very beginning of song file

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Riley, Jul 1, 2023.

1. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Me too! I have received this similar message, earlier in September ... and I am still waiting for something to happen in this direction, but ...

2. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

I wonder if there is any similar menu on my Zidoo Neo S ... can you advise me how switch off the original sampling-rate audio engine on Neo S ? Shall I need the external screen menu ? On the front screen menu there is no such function.

3. Max B

Max B New Member

I'm sorry I'm new to digital streamers and this Eversolo DMP A6 is the first one for me but on this one I navigated to settings/Audio and in the bottom of that list there's an option where you can enable or disable "Everesolo original sampling-rate audio engine".

4. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Thank you very much anyway !, maybe until the long promised will be released, this option can be useful for not listening the tracks with missing seconds or sudden fade-in ... I wonder if the engineers are reading these talks ...

Max B likes this.
  5. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

They are.

I think a big part of the problem is we have too many people here expecting EVERYTHING from the A6. Right now, for me, the distraction is a discussion in another thread about the volume ring not following the screen saver the way someone prefers, not something way more important, like cutting off the beginning of songs. People are causing distractions to the engineers and not letting them focus.

We know there are engineers listening, so hopefully someone is helping them prioritize the request list. That way, all issues get fixed eventually. Things like cutting off songs and Amazon Native are way higher up the list than the volume ring. Engineers need to be concentrating on those things first.

pippo pluto and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  6. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

I use ISO2DSD. It's a free GUI based program for Windows but requires a compatible BR/SACD player, USB thumb drive and a network connection via either ethernet or wi-fi to extract the files from the SACD. You can extract your SACDs to ISO, Philips DSDIFF, DSDIFF Edit Master or Sony DSF files. It also converts DST to DSD.

Attached Files:

SausageDog likes this.
  7. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

You are absolutely correct ! But it is not just the distraction from the real important issues, it is also the difficulty of dealing with playing the files from the very beginning then dealing with the volume ring not following the screen saver. Between these two, my guess is that they'll obviously solve the easy problem of the ring volume and let the first one unsolved or postponed to a much later firmware, maybe in 2024. And there are many other players which have this problem unsolved. Other players have curious behaviour, such as Oppo 203 ... which can actually play gapless and full songs, but if you wish to have FF or RW during timeline, this function is not available but only if you exit gapless mode.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You should not rip SACD ISO: Only way to switch Stereo and MCH as desired and keeping them nicely compressed inclusive all metadata.

DST is the compression used by SACD. One can't convert DST to DSD; just decompress DST to DSF (or DFF but that will loose the metadata). SACD ISO , DSF and DFF are all DSD tracks just having different containers.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

This is about performing 200ms mute on the DAC module during start playback to prevent pops, when switching between different sampling rates and formats

We will optimize it in the next firmware

Mikeees, NWN, Chromazone and 4 others like this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Mute of the first second of the title of a playlist (and repeated after audio source format changes within a playlist) was solved? This to be reported by those having big troubles with it.

Can only state that I did not hear it yet using FW 1.2.05 available today.
    If you feel this is the biggest problem then please try this FW. It looks like pretty safe to use to me.

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

According to the changelog it has been fixed (as it was recognised arising upon bitdepth/samplerate change; most probably now the audio engine is waiting for the DAC to accomodate the change before starting playback of the new stream.

12. Dusty

Dusty Member

I tried the beta. The issue is still there. It’s hard to say if it will be fixed by the time the official release arrives.

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Beta releases are meant for this: a fix is provided => it is tested => if it does not work yet it is reworked => it is tested again => etc. etc.

14. Alan Rutlidge

Well what an overwhelming disappointment V1.2.05 beta is for the eversolo DMP-A6. [​IMG] None of the promised issues like HDMI incompatibility or the muting of the beginning of tracks when skipping tracks and or changing to or from tracks with different sampling or bitrates has been resolved. If anything it is a lot worse than under V1.1.80.

Another major issue is DSD playback from either DSF, DFF, DST or SACD ISO files. If you tap on the touchscreen or via the app to display the VU meters it does that but any attempt to switch back to the normal display mutes the music, pauses the playback and locks up the player. The only remedy is to switch off or reboot the DMP-A6. [​IMG]

They've also changed how you navigate through your music files. Under V1.1.80 whilst viewing the normal playing screen that shows the album artwork song progress bar, song title, album title and artist there was an inverted ^ just above the artwork photo. Tapping this would allow you to step back one level of folders at a time, but not anymore, Do this under this new firmware and it takes you right back to the home screen.[​IMG] Why? The screen you're on already has a dedicated home screen icon. [​IMG] Where's the "smacks forehead" emoticon when you need it?

If you use cast mode this is really going to aggravate you. It now takes quite a few seconds for changes to appear and commands to be actioned from the eversolo Controller app.

My advice to others who own the DMP-A6. DO NOT load this new v1.2.05 beta firmware. It doesn't fix any of the major issues - it makes them worse. My player is now virtually unusable. [​IMG] If only I was able to roll back the firmware to V1.1.80, but also that is apparently impossible.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  15. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It looks like something is wrong with your music library and you should do a factory reset.

16. Nice Monkey

I can confirm most of the above. Don't have those HDMI or first track missing second problems myself. Did not try SACD with VU-meters myself before.

I am confident it will be fixed with the official release which should not take long.
    I don't say it unusable but yes it breaks a few things working better before. That is what an interim beta is meant for. Thanks' for reporting.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Those other problems are there though.

18. I was able to downgrade from Alpha 1.1.85 back to 1.1.80, after which Eversolo started but nothing was visible on the home screen. A reset to factory settings got the device working again. So maybe give it a try.

kc001 likes this.
  19. Alan Rutlidge

I was under the impression that a factory reset would erase the contents of my SSD ??? Will it? If so, I don't want to re-write the 3.4TB of data to it. It takes 12 hours.

Peter Mittelstädt likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

It only resets the parameters, APP's and re-installs the FW.
    Obviously any storage connected stays untouched.

I would not try to install an older FW for the reported issues.