EverSolo - DAC Z6 / Z8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Nutul, Jun 9, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This thread should help separate all the topics related to the DACs that get mixed-in with the DMP-A6

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Could some administrator make this thread sticky...?

Thanks in advance, Al.

rozel likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why they don't have separate sub forums

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yeah, weird, ain't it?
    It's true that there are just 3 things from EverSolo - two DACs and one DMP - but still, having the 3 grouped together, with bug-reports and feature requests in one forum is a bit unpleasant to follow...

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes weird - the thing is that there were separate forums until recently. There might be a good reason but let's reach out to @mirror and @Markswift2003 and see what they say

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The forums are organized by player generations. Neo Players are also just mixed with all others.

All Eversolo products for now are of the same generation so it is not that strange and consistent.

7. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

Have you also noticed that the Zidoo staff who post on here tend not to be contributing/answering Z8 posts for some time? I LOVE mine but I have some issues with it. For example, when I use my Innuos server to play MQA material from the local drive or stream MQA from Tidal, I start to get the first half second of each track missed off. There is something about how the Innuos and Z8 interact and Innuos haven't been able to help with this. I did start a thread asking if Zidoo and Innuos could maybe talk to each other but heard nothing...It would also be nice to know if we will ever get more filters and display options (a few more VU meter options would be nice)

atomic garden likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I understand that but there should be sub-forums under the global heading "Eversolo". These are different products, providing different functions, whereas Media Players are Media Players and clubbing those together isn't as big a deal

9. Nice Monkey

Filters? These are HW integrated and won't change. I am curious why would you like more?
    Or are you expecting an equaliser? That is something else but doing that in FW (no DSP)?
    VU meters: Maybe, I do expect at least one Graphical Spectrum Meter coming for Eversolo.

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So what subforums would you like to see?

My suggestion is one for the DACs because there is a lot of overlap and one for the A6.

Or one for each device?

I can create the forums. Whether I'd be arsed moving all the posts is another thing... :p:D

rozel likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes I agree one for DACs and one for Streamers - that'd be great thanks

I'm sure you can do it lol

Oh blimey you've done it already - you are a star :):):)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

atomic garden likes this.
  13. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

Other manufacturers who sell DACs using ESS chips sometimes offer filters - for example some of the SMSL DACs have filter settings that emulate tube sound for example, so yes, while the ESS chip offers its own built in filters, which is what we get with Z8, there is a way to add more filters by the DAC manufacturer in addition to the built in ones which come with the Z8. I would welcome a warm and/or tube filter for example

Topdude likes this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

15. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

You seem to want a NOS or non-oversampling 'filter' or its PCM version often called 'super slow'. However many of us think that NOS causes music to become dull and lifeless. To take the edge off the pre and post ringing digital artefact that occurs with the default ESS or AKM linear phase or sharp/fast filters, try the Z8's #2 slow roll-off filter while listening to a solo acoustic track.

16. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Look like unofficial update. There are many interesting things here https://music.eversolo.com/ . DMP-A6 1.1.71 firmware, for example.

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Of course it is unofficial (or not yet announced) but the fact it has been used for a review, as I wrote, and already 2 months have passed by, I just wanted to know what might have been fixed / improved / added...
    @Nice Monkey can you share some information about the 1.0.0.54 for the Z6 / Z8 ?

18. Nice Monkey

Sorry but no. Not having any external DAC at all anymore. I am happy with my integrated DAC's which obviously all can be used as External too via SPDIF or USB.

Nutul likes this.
  19. AB1903

AB1903 New Member

I am really keen on a Z8, but as all my other gear is silver I'm kinda stuck.
    I could get a Z6 of course, but the Z8 is simply better, albeit the headphone stage is the same, simplistically speaking, and I would be using it mostly with headphones.
    So what to do, go with the lesser spec model purely for cosmetic reasons or hope that Eversolo's next model will be in silver and with a further improved headphone stage?
    Does silver sell way less than black at the minute?
    If Eversolo released a Z8 variant in silver would it also sell?
    What's coming next? Anyone have a crystal ball or the inside information?
    The Topping DX9 which is coming soon will also make life very interesting, but that's another discussion entirely.

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Since you'll be using it as a headphone amp, I see no fit with the rest of your equipment, that is: it can be "solo" somewhere else.
    OTOH, in your situation I'd get the Z6, together with a "good" headphone amp connected to it via XLR, and use the Z6's RCA to go into your amp + speakers system; it integrates better with your silvery stuff, and the sound quality, although slightly inferior to that of the Z8, is still very, very high.

Topdude likes this.