Easy way to scraps Clearlogos?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Berto5585, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Berto5585

Berto5585 New Member

Hello all,
    New to the z9x device and enjoying it very much. I am coming from longtime use of Kodi on Shield. The only thing im looking into is Clearlogos. I've found easily how to correct posters/backgrounds but is there any option I'm missing? Currently Im not sure how to scrape for Clearlogos on a particular film. I saw a thread referencing a fix for FanArt, but is this something I need to side load as an app or?
    Any help appreciated! I have a rather substantial collection and figure there's gotta be a way to get Clearlogos if Kodi can, rather than individually hunting down or downloading locally etc.
    I also downloaded one Clearlogos perfectly named in the same folder as my film to no avail.
    Help appreciated in advance!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

ClearLogos are not part of the scraping process - they are downloaded, if available, from fanart.tv at runtime - ie when a movie details sheet is first accessed.

Once downloaded they are cached in the .hometheatre folder for later quick retrieval (.hometheatre location is defined in settings/poster folder)

If you want you can download local copies to use in preference to online/cached version by creating a file named MovieName-clearlogo.png in the movie folder.

3. Berto5585

Berto5585 New Member

Thanks for that swift reply. I see. I'm not seeing any clear logos at all for any of my titles and I do have "show Clearlogo" checked so is there something I need to do differently when I scanned my sources etc? Pardon if my question sounds a bit lacking. But in simplest terms how do I get any of them to show up on a details page from cache etc?
    I should mention I'm on the latest "beta" update. Not sure if that makes a difference etc

4. Markswift2003

Ok, that's odd - no, all you need is to have Show ClearLogo switched on and as I say, the clearLogos appear on the details sheet and also on movie start (if set to do so).

Fanart changed their API recently causing artwork acquisition failure, but that was fixed.

When you say latest beta, do you mean v6.3.88 or the latest OTA? Not sure what version the latest OTA is but I suspect it's pre-fix.

5. Berto5585

Berto5585 New Member

My system currently shows version v6.3.60 and says "up to date" when I attempt to update. So it looks as though I'm a touch behind the version you mention. Could this be the culprit? If so, what do I need to do to get up to date with the fix.
    Thanks again for your help!

6. Markswift2003

Yes I'm fairly certain the fix came after that..

OTA isn't a reliable way to get the latest betas and keep bang up to date. The latest firmware is always stickied in this forum.

v6.3.88 is here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/beta-version-v6-3-88-for-z9x-release.93208/

Download the zip, DO NOT unzip it, just copy to a USB stick or network location and use the update app (Main Screen/About/Update/USB Update)

7. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Thanks man. Just proceeded to update to that version. Im going into the HT Poster Wall to check some random films, and perhaps Im thinking its too easy but I dont quite yet see any clear logos populating. Is it now a matter of having to re-scan my sources or perhaps "update" to get this action working? Or do I still need to apply that previous APK for HT fix.

8. Markswift2003

As far as I remember you don't have to do anything special. That HT apk was rolled into the firmware and has since been updated anyway - we're on HT v4.1.82 now.

There are a couple of movies that for some reason do not return a valid result in the fanart.tv API (fanart's issue, not Zidoo) but not many.

But that reminds me to take that thread off sticky ;)

9. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Youve been super helpful, and thanks. Im now more comfortable navigating this forum and finding things. The clearlogos for most films started populating!! looks great. Interesting thing tho.. certain bigger films like "1917" and "A Star is Born" for example.. not loading the clearlogos, while arguably smaller scale films are taking just fine. Any insight into this? Or perhaps these films are where I can just download the png to the folder?

10. Markswift2003

Not a clue - as I say, we queried some suspect movies directly on the fanart API and the return was null, so no idea what's going on, particularly since the ClearLogos actually exist.

1917 is one of the examples I have so I just downloaded the Clearlogo directly and put it in the movie directory as "1917-clearlogo.png" and hey presto!

11. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Ok perfect. Is there a site you recommend for the clearlogos? i tried one for West Side Story directly from fanart i believe. (West Side Story didnt load), and i believe i labeled the PNG correctly in my folder, still no dice. Although I saw a posting pertaining to a certain type of PNG, but Im not sure what other sites are best to locate. Any best recommendations welcome! thanks again for the back and forth help man!

12. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Interestingly enough Markswift, I downloaded your 1917 logo PNG you provided in response to another user not long ago and put it in the proper folder as is. Go to check, and it doesnt show up in the movie details page! No clearlogo..What gives or what setting might I be missing here? hmm..

13. emb531

emb531 Member

Try to go into Settings in the HT app, Preferences section, enable "Use local images first".

14. Berto5585

Berto5585 New Member

Thanks man. Found that shortly after. I did the same for my second downstairs device z10pro. Updated but no Clearlogo.. is there a distinct difference between the two?