DTS Not Working through Optical

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Yeah ok, there bud!! You obviously don't care prob because you can't afford proper equipment for sound. As for me I spend a lot on audio equipment and enjoy audio to sound it's best. You speak for a very small percentage of people that don't appreciate the quality of entertainment so keep that in mind!!!!!.....

ammar11 and McBluna like this.
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I have this hunch that your tv, during playback of a dts source, converts it to Dolby Digital and puts that out optically.
    I don't know your tv, but putting out dts optically where you specify Dolby Digital seems not logical.

I still wonder if your DAC-AMP supports DTS. Can you actually see the DAC locking in to DTS?
    If it indeed does, maybe you want to try the Zidoo on the same optical input.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Thanks for the help, I instead opted to go another route. Just went with the optical from the tv, and HDMI optical splitter for the Nvidia shield. I wanted to keep my one DAC/amp combo separate from my surround sound headphones. Thanks to Everyone who tried to help.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I disagree. For the overall film experience, both are equally important. In actual fact I'm tempted to suggest that it's the Audio that immerses you into the storyline.

ammar11 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wow, yes - Completely & utterly agree!!

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Of course great video- and soundquality matter. They both significantly contribute to the experience.
    However, I do feel that both grandeurs of sound & vision have grown to bear the responsibility of us condoning the utter movie crap, that makes up for the lion's share being produced nowadays.
    I'll take The Godfather in SD with mono-sound anytime over Lara Croft with no matter how impressive audio-, video or beauty of the girl (the latter maybe being open to debate).