DTS Audio Bug

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by khollister, Jan 8, 2023.

1. khollister

khollister Member

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I have recently noticed (Z9X latest FW) that movies with DTS-HD audio ( 2 or 5.1 channel) is listed as 4 or 7.1 in the audio menu. MediaInfo, the info displayed by the More button and my Marantz 8805 correctly list the audio as stereo or 5.1, but the audio popup in HT adds 2 phantom channels (stereo often listed as 4 channel and 5.1 as 7.1). The stereo as 4 channel bug is random but 5.1 seems to always be listed as 7.1. TrueHD does not exhibit this bug as far as I can tell, nor does LPCM.

I have also noticed that DTS-HD alternate audio tracks (not the one actually playing) list as DTS, not DTS-HD until they are selected and active - is this as intended?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep the channel thing is a well known bug that has been mentioned many many times but never addressed.

Not noticed the second audio track thing as I only keep the soundtrack I need.

3. khollister

khollister Member

Ah, well at least I'm not crazy. Doesn't really hurt anything, just annoying

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group