Download firmware older than 1.4.4

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by boblo, Jul 27, 2017.

1. boblo

boblo Member

Where can I download a firmware version older than 1.4.4? On downloads page, there are only links for 1.4.4 and 1.4.6. I'm currently using 1.4.6 and I have some issues, so I'd like to test an older firmware, 1.3.0 (stock version) or lower.

And how can I do a factory reset? I have inserted a needle into restore hole and then I powered on the device with the physical switch, but nothing happens, the device is stuck at Zidoo logo.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are topics about this with truckloads of hints and tips. Above all make sure you have a suitable USB stick (512 byte physical sectors) and you have a ROM image file like v1.2.3.img on it. You can't use regular OTA install files for emergency re-stores with Zidoo.

3. boblo

boblo Member

I've seen the FAQ and only explains how to reflash an IMG file, but I don't find any .IMG file for X10. My X10 had version 1.3.0 installed so there should be this version for flashing.
    Also I'd like to do a factory reset without flashing first, but I don't know how to do it.

Tech Support, please help.

4. Nice Monkey

Indeed never saw a ROM image for X10, forgot about that for a moment. You really need one.

The Factory Reset goes via setup, which requires a working player/menu. Won't work if you got stuck at the logo.

5. boblo

boblo Member

My player is working but I want to do a full reset. Where is that option? Could you be more specific?
    Thanks

6. Nice Monkey

For sure: Go to Advanced settings in setup to enter Android setup; next go Backup & Reset and finally pick Factory Data Reset. Done.
    Obviously you will loose: All data of APP's, All settings of all APP's plus all APP's installed manually but Android seems to need this relatively frequently.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. boblo

boblo Member

That's the goal. I get some error messages sometimes, so it's time to do a cleanup.

For Zidoo: Please give to X10 users a full ROM image (.IMG format) and access to firmwares older than 1.4.4. We need it.

8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

9. Nice Monkey

May I suggest to put this link also in the X10 Official Firmware Releases section for X10. There is where everybody looks first.

Missed it also (one probably finds it via help).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017