Dolby Vision on Video Projector

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by xliv, Jun 16, 2022.

1. xliv

xliv Member

Ok thanks, pretty clear.
    I guess on my end, if I was to do this, I'd probably attach it to a ceiling mount (I can go beyond the suspended ceiling to reach the concrete). I found a couple of ceiling mount brands that would support such weight.

On your side, maybe if you switch to ceiling mount, you'd have less re-engineering to do on your port? I can see why the JVC would not fit in that shelf...

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's the position of the projector port in relation to the ceiling - the new JVCs are a lot taller than the old ones, so lowering the shelf would mean the projector misses the port - the only option is to make the port hole bigger by taking a couple of inches off the bottom. Wholly doable, but I just have to be in the right mood :)

3. xliv

xliv Member

Yes, this is clear - I meant shifting the projector upside down, with a ceiling mount, maybe the distance between feet and lens is smaller, if you manage to get a very thin ceiling mount.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You're very close to tempting me to buy one - then I've got to fix it one way or the other ;)

5. xliv

xliv Member

Well, I'm sorry in advance, I'm feeling it's already too late... :)