Dolby Vision Issue with Samsung SoundBar

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by tanvideo, Nov 13, 2021.

1. tanvideo

tanvideo New Member

Recently i just bought Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar. But i have problem to playback Dolby Vision thought the Soundbar to TV. It Blank screen, But if HDR & HDR10+ all working Fine. Anyone can help me to solve this problem ,TQ.

2. tanvideo

tanvideo New Member

I m using Zidoo Z9X with lastest beta Firmware .

3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

As Samsung is a opponent of DV I imagine they don’t support it in their soundbars either.
    Does your TV have an eARC port?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah it is not so obvious that AMP's need to specifically support HLG, DV and HDR10+ to pass it to the TV.
    It is a pity that Zidoo players don't integrate a second HDMI Audio only port except on the UHD3000 model.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Despite being Samsung the soundbar should be able to pass DV - as far as it's concerned it's just either a 12-bit 4:2:2 YCC signal or an 8-bit RGB signal.

The Dolby Block in the EDID is obviously being passed correctly back to the Zidoo by the soundbar otherwise you wouldn't get the option in the Zidoo.

I have an idea what's happening but I need to know a bit more:

1. What is the TV?

2. What is ticked in Settings/Display/Dolby Vision Compatibility?

Can you download the EDIDs with it all connected like this:

1. Zidoo > SoundBar > TV

2. Zidoo > Soundbar

And post here (need to change the extension from .bin .to .txt)

Download EDIDs from Settings/Display/Custom EDID/"Save EDID" and save to a USB or network location..

6. Markswift2003

Absolutely - it would be so much more useful - HDMI IN is neither use nor ornament.

Unfortunately the board is the board...

7. tanvideo

tanvideo New Member

My TV are Philips 65PUT7374 , Any idea to get EDID? Thank you

8. Markswift2003

Let's try again.

1. What is the TV? Philips 65PUT7374

2. What is ticked in Settings/Display/Dolby Vision Compatibility?

Can you download the EDIDs with it all connected like this:

1. Zidoo > SoundBar > TV

2. Zidoo > Soundbar

And post here (need to change the extension from .bin .to .txt)

Download EDIDs from Settings/Display/Custom EDID/"Save EDID" and save to a USB or network location..

9. tanvideo

tanvideo New Member

I get the best solution to solve DV problem. I direct attach my zidoo to Philips 65put7374, then samsung sound bar to TV too. Set TV audio output as multichannel pass thru. Then I can watch Dolby Vision & Dolby atmos sound now. Soundbar will automatic detect as Arc. So all work fine. Cheers....