Dolby Vision BT.709

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Blue Stinger, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Gotcha - must admit I didn't know you could mux to STDL M2TS or even that STDL M2TS was a thing!!

Anyway, what you say highlighted above doesn't follow - the Zidoo will output stand alone M2TS as HDR10 so if you're seeing this issue playing M2TS standalone on the Zidoo it has nothing to do with Dolby Vision as it just plays the base layer.

The plot thickens...

2. Gelto

Gelto Member

:D

Well, maybe I got confused during all this testing :confused: ...probably I played the m2ts on the x700 and the corresponding mkv on the Z9X.

I'll try to run a clean test again tomorrow with some images of proof as far as possible!

...and thanks for all your efforts in the meantime, I really appreciate it!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No probs - it's interesting ;)

4. Gelto

Gelto Member

Nopy nope, my Zidoo plays m2ts in pure Dolby Vision (no DV10) :)

My Tests:

1. Testfile: "P81_GlassBlowing2_3840x2160@59_94fps_15200kbps.mkv" from makemkv.com/download/dvtest remuxed with tsmuxer to "P81_GlassBlowing2_3840x2160@59_94fps_15200kbps.m2ts", Mediainfo says:
    upload_2021-11-30_15-35-2.png

2. Played file in x700: Colours look normally vibrant, TV info says: Dolby Vision, Colour space RGB, Bit depth 8bit, Pixel format RGB

3. Played file on Z9X
    3a. TV Led: Colours look too red, TV info says: Dolby Vision, BT.2020, 8bit, RGB
    3b. Player Led: Colours look way too red, TV info says: Dolby Vision, BT.2020, 12bit, 422

5. Bartimaus

Bartimaus New Member

Hello together,

I use a JVC X5000 via LLDV from my Zidoo Z9X. For LLDV I use a gamma curve created by Mark for this on the JVC. I use among other things also CustomEDID
    BT2020 content looks really good with this.

But when I watch BluRays (Rec709) the colors are much paler than when I set HDR to "AUTO" (instead of LLDV) . Also, bright areas are slightly outshining.

I have set the settings completely according to Mark's defaults.

I could now set HDR to "Auto", but then I lose the advantage of CustomEDID and have to put up with long HDMI handshakes on the JVC again.

Any tips ?

6. vestedinterest

vestedinterest New Member

Hi did you resolve this 'bt2020' flag? I'm having the same issues:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/dolby-vision-bt2020-realtek-1619-bug.94604/

Thanks.