Dolby UHD Blu-Ray Demo Disc 2018

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by jchanmc, Jun 23, 2021.

1. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

I found something strange with Zidoo 1000Pro
    When I play above disc in folder from my NAS,

1st, I use "play video" to open the folder and my TV is able to detect Dolby Vision.
    2nd, When I use "play with blu-ray menu" to open the folder, TV only detect as HDR10.
    3rd, When I use "open directory" to play individual files in the stream sub folder, TV detect all files as HDR10.

Can any expert here explain these phenomena?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Which firmware?

3. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

It's Version v6.3.2_G

4. Markswift2003

That'll be it then.

DV was disabled in BDMV/ISO in that version due to issues with the BD menu structure.

I think the first public version to support DV in BDMV/ISO is v6.3.12

5. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thanks Markswift, where do I get back the v6.3.12?

6. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

7. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

8. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

10. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

11. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Thank you very much. I had revert to v.6.3.12 and both TV and AVR display DV correctly. But when I play the disc in folder using BD menu, it does not play smoothly like the attached mp4 (change pdf to mp4). May I ask what's the cause of this? Tks.

Attached Files:

12. Markswift2003

I'm not sure - I've never seen that before.

The Zidoo and other players like it often have problems playing BD Menu structures due to the fact that they are not members of the BDA (BluRay Disc Association) and so have to reverse engineer in order to get menus working, however if you manage to get a movie to play from a disc image, at that point it's usually fine.

Is that the March 2018 demo disc?

13. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Tks for your reply. Yes, it's the March 2018 Demo disc.

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I have the last 2 dolby demo discs and the last 2 DTS demo discs.

Several months ago and I think it is with the previous generation, the support of their BDmenu worked properly, the problem occurred following a new FW from Zidoo and since they do not work or not properly.

15. jchanmc

jchanmc Member

Noted thanks.

16. OlivierQC

Note:

Mirror/Zidoo have known about this for a long time but I never got any feedback from them

17. Markswift2003

Ok - I got a copy of this disc and tried it.

The menu works fine - bizarrely this doesn't seem to be a BDMenu issue.

The Audio, Video and RPU get out of sync even if you play the m2ts files manually - ie select then from the BDMV/STREAM

If you play 00001.m2ts directly you can see the RPU changing a few frames after the scene change and the video is jerky.

Must be something to do with how the video files themselves are mastered.

18. Markswift2003

Ah - it's the 4k60 material that's the problem - it plays at 4K23.

The 4K23 clips (movie clips, Cameleon etc) play absolutely fine.

The odd thing is, the 4K60 files are recognised as 4K23 by the Zidoo on the info screen in BD mode and file mode...

19. OlivierQC

Thanks for your feedback,

I'll check my demos disc again with the last FW and I will make a video if needed

See you soon

20. Markswift2003

Be interested to hear what you find...