Does X8 and X9S really create several files when recording one movie?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by sjlouis, Dec 11, 2017.

1. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Ok, thank you. I don't understand why they split the record files :( . It's not convenient. Too bad, I think I'm going to buy the Avermedia capture box.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure why are you comparing x8/x9s with that, they are similar in recordings but that's about it... one is a capture box, one is a media player. what exactly do you need ?

3. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

In first time, I want to copy from time to time files from box from where I can't simply copy these files. Why? When I want to keep these files and because these protected box have bad media player (no slow motion, no 2x or 4x speed, jump back too important...). The Enigma media player I use on my Vu+ is good, MX Player Pro on phone or tablet is good.

And as the Zidoo box have much more possibilities, I thought it was a better purchase but if the recorded files are splitted, it will be a problem to watch them on other devices.

4. donny

donny Member

hello,for me to get two file from a single-movie is really inconvenient.
    I read that they had solved the problem and the limit of the 4 gigabytes was gone,
    with the new updates.
    How does it work today?
    I still use the old firmware 1.3.0 because I have problems with the splitter.

5. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

I've searched for a program which can concatenate the several parts of a file and it's not convenient. With some programs, it's not possible to read the result, with others, we lost infomation as the length of the movie and it's difficult to move in the movie, others must be paid and it takes a long time to have the result.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  6. donny

donny Member

Thanks for the information, I used before a pvr Vu + for my recordings
    with files of 8GB and over,and many people asked to fix this problem on the zidoo player.
    A movie divided into two parts with a few seconds missing in the middle is not a good recording.
    It's strange that some people in the review say they have solved this problem,
    I can not(if they do not tell me how to proceed)but I was hoping that updating would work better.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably the problem is software related, but can't tell if zidoo plans to improve recording any time soon...

8. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

HaoSs, when the file was splitted at 3.8 Go, is it with a NTFS disk or NTFS USB key?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

NTFS HDD