Does X8 and X9S really create several files when recording one movie?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by sjlouis, Dec 11, 2017.

1. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Hi,

I'm interested by a Zidoo, perhaps a X9S or probably a X8 but I've read that they create several files when recording one movie. As I can read them with other devices, it's not convenient. Is it right? Is it possible to avoid that?

Sometimes, I should use the HDMI In, does it work well?

Thank you :) .

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the only recording function i know off is the HDMI in one. Not sure what other movies you want to record.

3. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Ok but if I record from HDMI IN, does it work well?

And if I record something, does Ziddo create several files for a single file?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think it's splits them in to 4GB ones. you can search on youtube for zidoo x9s HDMI IN app, see whats up with it

P.S. this is a recording from my destop to x9s, long time ago

5. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Ok thank you. It's just astonishing it splits them in 4 GB files while it can use NTFS and perhaps Ext4 disks.

I'm not easy in English, if I can read and write it (slowly), I'm not able to understand a voice on Youtube :( .

The recorded movie is not very good. Does it record only in poor definition or was the Youtube source not very good?

It's important because it will be my main usage with this box, then I will be happy if somebody can do tests. I shouldn't want to buy something I "can't" use :( .

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, can't really call 1080p poor definition. that's what i was able to do at that time, not sure if they improved on this or not. don't use HDMI in that much

7. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

No, 108p (p or i?) is not poor, it's the video which is blurred. If you have done records and the result is good, it's perfect.

Can you record a big file to see if it splits in 4 GO files please?

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't have the HDMI cable set up anymore. my box is far from PC. may be able to setup in weekend. but it's not a promise

9. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

It's not very difficult to plug an HDMI cable and move a so little box ;) . Thank you for your help :) .

I've seen Youtube video and it seems easy to record from HDMI but no information about files.

Is there a tool to cut the files : extra recording at the beginning and the end of the file?

10. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

HaoSs, could you do test ;) ?

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

really no time to test. very busy with work

12. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

I understand but I'm a little annoyed, I have to return shortly a Canal+ box with a record I absolutely want to keep and I need to buy a recording box which can record well from HDMI In. My Vu+ doesn't do it despite its HDMI In.

Zidoo seems to be an interesting box but I'm not enthusiast to group the different parts of a single file. Avermedia sells good record box but there are limited (no network...). I have to choose quickly now :( .

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Pm @mirror he can tell you what's up. Not sure about response tho. I'll try to record something today.

14. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Ok, thank you very much :) .

I've seen it was possible to group files simply with this Dos Command :

copy /b *.ts fich.ts

It works very quick but the result file can't be red by all media players (it's possible with VLC) and mostly by my Vu+ media player, and it looses informations as the length of the movie, it's difficult to move in the movie...

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

also keep in mind. if the HDMI source is HDCP protected you will need a HDMI splitter that bypasses the protection ( box is HDMI certified so it can't allow you to record protected content directly )

16. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Yes, I have already bought an HDCP splitter. I haven't understood : Zidoo box doesn't need this splitter?

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

depends on your contect.... read again what i just wrote above

18. sjlouis

sjlouis New Member

Yes but I haven't understood, I'm not easy at all to speak and write in English. It takes me a lot of time and I use a lot Google translation :( .

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. 30 minutes of recording is about 2.4 gb. was not able to record sound ( i'm running a custom bios on my card and it won't detect HDMI sound ). will link sample soon.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Assb6aTdqLwbgbULyktQrNbDlz6Nqw ( make sure to download )

so. it records at 1080p 30 fps , 10M bitRate . sound can be 2.0 max at 48000 sample rate

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Video got splitted at 3.8 GB