Do You Prefer HT4 or Media Centre - Poll

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Apr 17, 2023.

?

HT4 or Media Centre / Player - Which Do you Prefer?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2023.
  1. I prefer HT4

53 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. I prefer Media Centre

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, I use the ones that work ;)

Also, local trailers now use DVDPlayer rather than NuPlayer, so play way smoother than the online ones ever would.

It's just a no brainer.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    xskip likes this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The reason I like Kodi is because I used it for years long before HT was invented. Didn't get a chance to look into Jellyfin that everybody is talking about.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Jellyfin is excellent if you want a server/client solution. So much better than Plex (which is another convoluted mess imho).

Just such a shame Andy has disappeared.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ok all - I've derived a fair amount of knowledge and understanding behind HT4, which was the purpose behind it and to those that gave their reasons for voting one way or the other, a big thank you.

Several members have mentioned that a further Poll would be in order on a more broader basis to include not just HT4 but also KODI, ZDMC, Jellyfin and Plex et al and so I will now close this Poll now after 2 days, so no more votes either immediately of from 7.30pm UK time later today. 60 votes, I think is good and over 18% voting for Media Centre suggests I'm not on my own in thinking negative things about HT4 which I'll not go into further.

I look forward to the further Poll and and again thank you to everyone contributing to this one.

Oldpainless likes this.