DMP-A6 no Bluetooth output.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by OSDM, May 26, 2023.

1. OSDM

OSDM New Member

Hi all. I recently purchased and received the DMP-A6 a few days ago and only discovered upon setting this up that it doesn't have a Bluetooth transmitter only receiver. Now the thing is, I listen to my music exclusively though wired or Bluetooth headphones due to my extreme taste in music. Is there any way to setup some kind of wired or Bluetooth output on this device using RCA? If there is, what are some good options?

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

A headphone amplifier would be a good place to start.

3. OSDM

OSDM New Member

Do you have any recommendations?

4. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Topping make some very fine ones that are not too expensive. Or you could get something like a Qudelix 5K or something from Fiio - both could connect via USB C. The Topping would be via RCA.

5. OSDM

OSDM New Member

Thanks. I'll have a look at these.

6. OSDM

OSDM New Member

Does the Eversolo DAC-Z8 work as a headphone amplifier as well as a dac?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. It's not super-powerful, but nevertheless has LOW and HIGH gain output. Standard (that is, non balanced) stereo jack.

8. OSDM

OSDM New Member

Does anyone know if this device supports a usb Bluetooth transmitter for use with headphones?

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I do not think so, as the USB being used as audio input; it's not mentioned anywhere that it can be used as a regular, multi-purpose USB port for anything that is USB-able...

10. OSDM

OSDM New Member

I can now confirm that attaching a usb Bluetooth transmitter to the usb(audio out) port at the back of the unit does in fact work.
    Yesterday I purchased the Avantree DG80 usb transmitter just to test it out expecting it not to work, but I'm glad to say it does.

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

All the naming / pairing / connecting is then done automatically? And selecting USB-out indeed uses the BT adapter? (or does a new device appear in the output section...?)
    That's cool.
    What codec is being used, do you have a DAC with USB-in, so that you can see, eventually, how the audio is transferred out via BT?

12. OSDM

OSDM New Member

I'm not sure which codec is being used as nothing is displayed under usb dac. Usb-out does work with the usb dongle though. It does have a pairing button on it with indicator lights, so connects once both devices are in pairing mode. The dongle does have some latency, so guessing not the best codecs are being used here. I don't have a dac connected with usb-in, but will when it arrives on Monday. I did use my Fiio M11 Plus in dac mode via usb(audio out) and that worked a treat too. This dongle is just a test device. I also purchased a cheap Bluetooth transmitter with RCA to headphone jack with I'll test later. I may end up getting the 1Mii B03Pro at a later stage, but for now at least we have Bluetooth out.

Nutul likes this.