DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Oh. I never considered it could be an ad.

No need to advertise for a product I already purchased :)

Nutul likes this.
  2. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

In addition to an LPS, I noticed that the highend $5200 Hifi Rose RS130 also comes with builtin galvanic isolation for the ethernet RJ45 jack.
    So I'm thinking of purchasing these external products that do the same for the Eversolo DMP-A6: iFi LAN iSilencer, muon pro Streaming System, eno Ethernet Filter

3. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

None of them will make the slightest difference, acoustically measure your room if you really want tangible improvements.
    Keith

RolandG and Nutul like this.
  4. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi I wonder when the next firmware update is going to happen it’s time and I don’t mean the beta one I think it’s time for the ones that don’t want the beta option a timeline please

5. Remik

Remik Member

6. Inti

Inti Active Member

? So funny

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

He meant: "it's ready when it's ready". We got the beta, for the devs to know everything was kind of working fine, some glitched emerged, they fixed them, and now, sooner or later everthyng is going to be formalized and released. Be patient my friend. Or use the beta as all the others that have risked, and have been enjoying the new features before the others. It's the software deploy cycle: you can skip steps, but then you usually get more bugs and unsatisfied customers...

Inti likes this.
  8. Inti

Inti Active Member

He could have said it whit some humor but it’s ok I get it thanks for your input

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

we all (well, ought to add 'almost' here...) know February has (at most, this year) 29 days... the sarcasm tag is not necessary... ;-)

RolandG likes this.
  10. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

made some dumping and critical listening.
    It appears that AirPlay in Eversolo is actually LOSSLESS. AAC displayed on the screen is a bug.

FunnyChap likes this.
  11. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

My review of the iFi LAN Silencer for the ethernet RJ45 jack on the Eversolo DMP-A6:

12. IoanB

IoanB New Member

I'd like the option to disable functions/services that I don't use, like Tidal, Roon, even upcoming LMS, etc. I believe there's a improvement in sound, besides better response when the device has less computing to do, less services waiting for input.
    Eversolo, if you're reading the comments, please add this option.
    Also to optimize the Control app for tablets.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    den16410, Amnesiac and Fergus like this.
  13. RolandG

RolandG Member

How can unused apps have an impact on sound quality? Apps that don’t run don’t use up computing power. Roon isn’t even an app on the Eversolo.

14. IoanB

IoanB New Member

They are partially active in the background, waiting for input. Roon is a function, a process, stop trying to be smart, I didn't even say "apps" you got yourself lost. So tired of people like you, really.

Look up iFi Stream and it's dedicated modes, you will learn something new.
    While I don't want dedicated modes on Eversolo, I would like the option to choose what is or isn't used/opened in the background, even a slight, a "ready for".

Fergus likes this.
  15. RolandG

RolandG Member

Right back at you. If you don’t want to be asked questions, stop posting in forums. And you haven’t explained how what you describe could have an impact on sound quality.

Due to a lack of moderation, this forum has a lot of misinformation. You may (or may not) thrive in that, I don’t.

maddib likes this.
  16. IoanB

IoanB New Member

It's a Feature Request thread and it's not my job to convince or teach anyone, but I did point you in the right direction. If you don't understand how things work doesn't mean they are misleading. Again, search for it yourself and get a life, preferably a happy one.

17. RolandG

RolandG Member

This forum seems filled with children.

Vinnie, Peter Wallop and maddib like this.
  18. fahzz

fahzz New Member

Maybe add "Don't Stop The Music" functionality ala LMS?

19. Mjay71

Mjay71 Member

DSD input via coax DoP has intermittent blasts of loud white staticky noise throughout playback. Like two to four times per track.

Folks in the know I’ve reached out to say it is an issue with how ES engineers configured the ESS chip, but they’ve not yet corrected the issue. Hopefully with the next update.

20. maddib

maddib Member

In rather darker environments/rooms where you simply don't want to have lots of light even the lowest brightness of the A6's display is still very high. Would be very nice and helpful if the A6 could offer some lower display brightness