DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Remik

Remik Member

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

When the heck did I say that? Are you drunk?

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

That chart comes from a John Darko video explaining this here
    However, from what he says it should be possible to airplay Qobuz losslessly to the A6. But I only see AAC displayed when using AirPlay.
    Having said that…I’ve no real interest in having AirPlay 1 on the A6. The only scenario where I’d want to use AirPlay is for multiroom and that requires AirPlay 2

5. Balooo2

Balooo2 New Member

Another vote for the clock to be displayed in standby mode.

Peter Wallop likes this.
  6. Miki222

Miki222 Member

When the standby screen with a clock is developed, which many people want - which is a great idea, how about integrating simple and graphically well-mastered weather data, temperature, graphic weather symbol and your city and the forecast forecast for 2 days ahead would be enough . It would be amazing.

den16410 likes this.
  7. Balooo2

Balooo2 New Member

Weather info would be nice but lets take this one step at a time, clock on is one thing adding weather information may create a "deer in headlights" scenario for the devs...
    Lets keep it simple :)

Nutul likes this.
  8. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Weather data isn’t free (for companies who want access) but there are plenty ‘boxes’ out there that will give you something similar.

I have several Ulanzi Pixel Clocks that show me time, date, Youtube followers and weather (but only for Chinese cities).

https://www.ulanzi.com/products/ulanzi-pixel-smart-clock-2882

9. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I’ll start with saying that these suggestions may be technically impossible but, not being a ‘Techy’, I’m happy to make a fool of myself. :p Also, it’s a credit to the Dev’s that all that I can now come up with are relatively ‘blingy’, superficial suggestions. Come at me, haters! :mad:

1. A method to alter the display brightness in order to accommodate different ambient light levels. Given that the display is the USP of this device, it would be really useful to have a bit more automated control. My circumstances are that I need the display at 90% during the day, but only 12% at night (yes, I know that I can turn it off!) I presume the A6 doesn’t possess an ambient light sensor, but just two adjustable options (dusk/dawn?) would be helpful. Or, perhaps a simple adjustable timer - brightness xx% 08:00-17:00, xy% 17:00-08:00? A light sensor for the next generation of A6’s?
    2. Alexa enabled (similar to BluOS) - it’s more useful than you would initially imagine and a massive help for those with poor circulation who aren’t able to use a screen reliably. Wife suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis and has poor circulation in her fingers - a screen often just doesn’t sense her touch and fine control is impossible. Alexa voice control, similar to a Bluesound, would mean that she could actually use the A6 properly!
    3. I would still like the Amazon platform Dolby Atmos/360 Audio to return - this was available on the Ap (via Cast), prior to Amazon becoming native.
    4. Tidy-up the menus - so many of the options are superfluous (for me, being able to remove Airplay, Roon, Tidal, DLNA etc., etc. would streamline things enormously).
    5. A ‘jazzier’ clock. Yes, I know this should be the last thing on the Dev’s list and I agree entirely. That said, this is a thread for requests and, given that the screen is such a selling-point, someone could have some fun with this when all the important stuff is dealt with! :D

Nutul likes this.
  10. Houdini

Houdini Member

- Reading of metadata from CD transports that provide it via optical/coax.

Maybe from there and this metadata we could pull more information like artwork etc.

Miki222 likes this.
  11. Brainvoyager

Brainvoyager New Member

What I really would like my DMP-A6 ME to be able to do is that its chassis on top can heat up so that I can use my EverSolo as a small stove and prepare my scrambled eggs on it. That way I do not need to leave my listening space when I prepare my breakfast or lunch. Nothing is more annoying than having to interrupt the listening to my music because I have to head to the kitchen. I am sure this feature is not very complicated to implement.

Amnesiac likes this.
  12. Houdini

Houdini Member

Give Musical Fidelity A1 a chance then, sweet sonics and fluffy scrambles

Brainvoyager likes this.
  13. Brainvoyager

Brainvoyager New Member

Well, it looks like I have to trade in my EverSolo then... :(

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This could be indeed a good thing. Although I think it is already partly implemented - to retrieve metadata from online services such as MusicBrainz you basically need the disc-id, and since the A6 is already capable of getting such metadata, it seems to me that such disc-id is already being read and used, at least to some extent.
    Something different is the retrieval of the so-called CD-TEXT, that is metadata written on the CD itself, and not so many transports provide control to it over spdif (yes, some do, but the majority of them don't).
    IME the disc-id is more than enough to achieve correct CD identification and metadata/artwork retrieval from the web; so the only thing needed is, perhaps, Eversolo to consolidate/stabilize the use of it in their cd-rip code.

15. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Why would you cripple the sound quality using compressed Spotify?
    Instead, use a lossless streaming source such as Apple Music (which has lossless and hi-res lossless).

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Uh, copy-paste in a handful of threads?

Vinnie and RolandG like this.
  17. Bergholdt

A minor bug in the iPad app.

I started with the A6 and now use A8.

I have deleted the A6 from the app.

When starting the iPad app it shows me this image for a few seconds…

IMG_0221.png

IMG_0223.png

18. mijkie

mijkie New Member

There is a bug in both apps, in iOS, when you search on Ip-adress, you only can fill in a comma instead of a dot, time to correct that ;)

19. Bergholdt

Yes, I noticed that too.

mijkie likes this.
  20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I see that too, in the control app for my Z8... it is an Ad... and I honestly would prefer not to have it. It's annoying, and unprofessional IMO.