Coming Soon to a Zidoo near you...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wondered how long it'd be before someone spotted that ;)

2. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

+1 for Emby

damagedspline likes this.
  3. Does this mean that instead of HT 4.0, I will open the Plex app on my Z9X, browse media through there but then when playing something I'll have the same controls and picture settings as when playing something through HT 4.0 now?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is the purpose of Client interfaces with Server based Library services with Internet or Local Servers in paid and free variants. ;)

Most popular examples: ROON, JRiver, Plex, Emby or Jellyfin which all are really excellent with each its specific goodies.
    Lets see how far Zidoo goes on this. I feel it is far easier than try bundling all features of these in a single HT4. So by me regarded an excellent strategy.

Never tried the others but Emby Server run's perfect on an old generation media player. During my trial used my Egreat A10 for that purpose. Small, cheap and very low power consumption. Using a baby Dune Real Vision at 2.5 W consumption will do it already but giving a Zidoo X9S a second life is also an excellent example. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  5. Markswift2003

Yes - it'll be essentially a Plex client that uses the Zidoo player.

6. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

Another +1 for Emby support

7. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

can’t wait. Hope it does resume from Plex

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I bet it won't the next release!! :D

9. That sounds excellent, looking forward to the release. Do you know if it will be possible to launch directly into Plex upon boot the way you can launch directly into HT 4.0 now?

10. Markswift2003

Yes - you set any app to launch at startup.

noe from the matrix likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

OK. Jellyfin just appeared too. Interesting development.

12. Markswift2003

Very much so...

13. skelton

skelton Member

So for me example that never used Plex, Jellyfin etc., what is the main reason(s) to use any of these media interfaces instead of HT 4.0?

14. Nice Monkey

Some just prefer the way of presentation or the features but above all it is Client/Server based and as such multiple clients can share a common database.

15. DesertDog

DesertDog New Member

I'd love to see that flipped where HT4 can use Plex or Emby as the source. So HT front end with the server as the back end for media management. Infuse does it and it works great. To me, this is the holy grail feature.

vddan likes this.
  16. I know you probably don't want to share timetables but is it fair to assume the beta release is weeks rather than months away?

17. emb531

emb531 Member

I was also going to ask about timeframe for the Plex app as well! Hopefully it is sooner than later :)

18. Markswift2003

I honestly don't know yet, but I don't think it'll be long...

noe from the matrix likes this.
  19. +1

I use PlexTraktSync in a docker on my unraid server and its running great. I have the docker set to launch with the "watch" command so that the container is scrobbling from the moment the container starts. I also have a cron job setup for the "sync" command. Everything is working great.

FWIW, Ive also had the VIP membership on trakt to get plex scrobbling but I felt like it was a steep price to pay for something like that, so I ended my membership after one year.

20. kocurek7

kocurek7 New Member

will that third-party Plex app require "_G" version (Android) of firmware or non-G will work too?