Choppy Playback with The Last Jedi!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've tried 2 different files. One that I ripped with MakeMKV and one from an online source. Both have choppy playback with Dolby Vision. I have everything set to the recommended settings and I have it on Auto. There are two main parts that are choppy but I'm only halfway through the movie. If someone can test their copy it would be greatly appreciated. One of the scenes is when Yoda shows up at the Jedi Temple. Thanks!

2. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

If you want help you'll want to provide the version/copy of the media you have and a time stamp so others can see if they can replicate.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, the Star Wars UHD are not DV but HDR10 ?

I watch every day a movie in HDR or DV and I didn't notice any problem of this kind, but I'll check with STAR WARS: The Last Jedi

4. OlivierQC

I just watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi and no problem on my side.

for information my video file is on a NAS.

5. Nicholas Hewitt

The Last Jedi is the Only Dolby Vision Star Wars

6. Nicholas Hewitt

Weird how both completely different rips of the film have the same issue. I only have trouble with this movie and no others. Like I said I'm watching it in Dolby Vision so If you don't have it in Dolby Vision it likely won't be the same.

7. OlivierQC

it's late i'm going to bed, but tomorrow morning i'll try the iso version and give you some news

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Thanks, I appreciate it.

9. OlivierQC

No problem with my iso version

I sent you a mail with the name of the release I use

10. Nicholas Hewitt

Prob because your iso version does not have Dolby Vision. Like I said it has to have dolby vision in it for it to play choppy. Thanks for checking. I'm in them middle of ripping one last time if it does not work for some reason I will contact zidoo.

11. OlivierQC

Strange, my TV and my receiver indicate a DV signal when I watch ''The Last Jedi'', that would mean that all my DV ISOs are not DV?

12. Nicholas Hewitt

My bad, it is dolby vision.

13. Nicholas Hewitt

I will try it and post here if I can successfully finish the movie lol.

14. OlivierQC

ok we keep our fingers crossed

15. Nicholas Hewitt

Maybe if I turn it into an iso it will play. What are the benefits of an iso? will it show up in posterwall with the rest of my movies, and will I get menus?

16. OlivierQC

I prefer to use iso rather than BMDV and I use imgburn to modify BDMV to ISO, otherwise I also use MKV remux when possible

Yes of course like any other video file

It is rare when a movie is not recognized by HT 4.0, there is ''Zack Snyder JL'' but the problem also exists on the Dune HD Vision for example.

What follows is my personal experience since Zidoo offers this feature for a long time now, so yes normally the BDmenu will work, why I say ''normally'' is because this feature that is offered to the buyer of Zidoo box does not work properly and we must accept it, Because Zidoo has accustomed us to offer us functionality that does not seem to finalize and that sometimes works and sometimes does not work, it is a habit at Zidoo despite our feedback, of course people on this forum will say that it is the same elsewhere but there are others who do better anyway and to have seen messages on a Russian forum talking about developers / engineers at Zidoo, and well in the end I say to myself that it must be true.

See you soon

17. Nicholas Hewitt

I ended up giving up on mkv for this movie. I made my own iso and finally finished the movie.

18. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

I'm having similar problem with Black Widow, the image gets blinking with the DV version.