[BUG] Search function does not always work

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Eric777, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Eric777

Eric777 Member

I have already told it, but it's perhaps better to create a dedicated thread.

When I search for a song with accents, like "Débranche", the smartphone app and the DMP-A6 cannot find the song.

1. If I write a partial word of the title ("branche"), it's find the song "Débranche". It's ok!

capture1.png

2. If i search the word with no accents, the song is not found
    capture2.png

3. If I search the song with accent, the song is not found too!
    capture3.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  2. Eric777

Eric777 Member

Another bug is that it does not always find title/artist/album.
    Here an example on Lady Gaga :

1. "lady" does not show "Lady Gaga"
    capture4.png

2. bug "gaga" shows "Lady Gaga"
    capture5.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  3. pezvela

pezvela New Member

Search does not recognize other punctuation marks like the comma.

Thanks!

4. robin_dj

robin_dj New Member

I have a related issue. The search function fails to locate a large number of albums where as if I scroll down the files menu they are shown (and play correctly, including displaying the correct metadata and artwork) so I don’t think it’s a tagging or accents issue

5. pezvela

pezvela New Member

Looks like this wasn’t addressed in update 1.2.30. I wish there were a way we could know our feedback is being read. When I first purchased the DMPA6 Zidoo responded to my emails about other playlist problems most of which still exist. Now, they're non-responsive. A search function that can’t recognize punctuation marks which occur frequently in song titles is a fail. Please fix..

Thanks!

Eric777 likes this.
  6. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

thanks
    I will check it.

7. pezvela

pezvela New Member

8. Eric777

Eric777 Member

To complete this topic, there are some other bugs like this: A6 doesn't find artist when length < 4 characters (or something like this). Like "sia"

sia-1.png
    sia-2.png
    sia-3.png

9. protosingel

protosingel New Member

Hello,
    I also encountered a search problem at the DMP-A6 interface. Here is information about my experiments.
    I searched with the word "home." I have received the following results:
    1. Albums containing "Home" - 2 issues:
    es home albums 2.jpg
    I extracted information about albums containing "Home" via the published API and got the same:
    album search info.jpg
    2. Tracks containing "Home" - 30 pieces. I notice that "Home" is a second word and there are no track names in which "Home" is the first word:
    es home tracks 30.jpg
    I have a database with my audio collection, which is located on the SSD in DMP-A6. With the help of Foobar2000 (+ text plugin) I have extracted from DMP_A6 all the tag-information from the audio files (.flac, .wav, .wv, .dsf, .iso).
    When searching this database with the word "Home" I get the following results (and I'm sure they are true):
    1. Albums containing "Home" - 7 pieces. "Sing Me Home" is the only coincidence, and again, "Home" is not a first word:
    Home Albums 7.jpg
    2. Tracks containing "Home" - 204 tracks. When sorting these 204 tracks, those beginning with "Home" are in the second fifty. You can see how many track names start with "home".
    Tracks starting with Home.jpg
    Indeed, the search is, to put it mildly, "incorrect". 2 against 7 albums (one of this two albums is wrong) and 30 against 204 tracks. Is this correct ?!?!?!?!?
    I feel like the following items "Track_name/Album_Artist_name/Album_name" are being concatenated and searched all at once, not separately – only Tracks, only Artists, only Albums.
    And it is very strange that in a short search term, it is "dissected" into separate letters / syllables and they are sought to participate at the beginning of words. The album name "Take The Heat Off Me [DSD128]" contains "H O Me" ?!?!?!
    It is also strange that the search for the name of the track starts from the second word. I could be wrong, but...

10. I discovered another bug too. My music folder on the internal SSD is sorted by Albumartist\album\songs. When I dive into the folder "Various Artists" containing 288 albums, only the first 100 are shown.

11. Philsound

Philsound New Member

Identified Bugs : incomplete dlna and upnp implementation (limiting navigation on NAS to 200 albums or 100 folders per level; no gapless reading with bubble upnp).
    The product is great despite these bugs but need more development in the User Interface. It looks like Zidoo has, for now, a limited knowledge on how customers navigate and use their music library.
    Hardware is one thing that customers can't see (good specs, inputs/outputs/design, etc) and Zidoo is at the top.
    The top companies who have succeeded in delivering a great UI have made their technical advance a real success : Apple for example.
    Congrats to Zidoo Team for the product, keep on working on the UI! ;-)

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you keep an organized folder structure you would never incur in a folder containing more than 100 folders... Not in this world, I mean...
    e.g.
    1. start by the whole alphabet, one folder per letter (no matter if some will be empty)
    2. put artists into alphabet letter folders accordingly (ABBA => A, AC/DC => A, Adele => A, Pink Floyd => P, and so on)
    3. under every artist folder, create a folder for each album
    4. under each album folder put the relevant tracks.

In the case you would have, for example, more than 100 artists in one letter, you could split that letter in two, as Aa-Am and An-Az
    Same sort of trick for an artist with more than 100 albums... 1950-2000 and 2001-2050

13. Philsound

Philsound New Member

Thank you Nutul, this is how I organize my library but in some instances I reach the limits.
    The question that I may ask is: why such limits in Eversolo?
    Not enough memory?
    Arbitrary parameters set by default?
    Other reason ?

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This I cannot say...

P.S.
    What limits are you still hitting with this kind of approach...? Just curious ;-)

15. Philsound

Philsound New Member

"limiting navigation on NAS to 200 albums or 100 folders per level"
    These are the limits that I'm talking about.
    If they're just parameters set "by default" in the UI, it shouldn't be difficult to remove them, I guess.
    I have a positive approach, understanding that everything cant't be perfect on day one.
    All the feedback on this forum given to Zidoo's development team is a mine gold for them.
    The basement is there, ground and first floors too, just need to improve the UI and fix bugs here and there to reach the next floors ;-)

Look, some brands like Apple and their IPhone never had the best hardware performance (by far...standby time, network sensitivity, etc...) but people love them for the UI.
    Improving the THD by 0.00001 is fine but how many customers will see or hear it? None.
    Offering a great flexible UI : 100% of customers will see it.
    Best,