Bluetooth mouse needs new pairing every time

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ayokoya, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Newly paired bluetooth mouse works great and has great range as long as the box and mouse stay connected. When the connection is lost due to poor signal, sleep/power off box or mouse, bluetooth connection to the mouse will not connect again, even after I went into bluetooth setting to tell it to connect, it will not connect despite the fact that the setting said its paired.

In order to get bluetooth mouse working again, I have to forget the mouse and pair again by turning the bluetooth power off and then on. The only way to pair successfully is to bluetooth power off then on and must choose available device to pair right away. Without the power off/on step, pairing on existing available device will not work.

My bluetooth mouse is MX Anywhere 2, same mouse works with tronsmart boxes, R-box, X9 S905x, T95N-M8Spro.

Once last thing, where is the refresh button for finding bluetooth devices? Finding is only possible by bluetooth off then on.

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Has anyone reproduced this issue or is it just my X9S not behaving?

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you mounted the antenna?

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Both antennas are installed and works extremely well with great range, make sure I don't turn off X9S or the mouse, otherwise I have to go through the pairing setup again. What bluetooth mouse are you using?

5. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,Ayokoya
    Our bluetooth mouse is fine (Logitech M557).
    test: sleep/power off box

6. Sabre

Sabre New Member

My Logitech M171 works perfectly.
    Suggest it's your mouse that's the problem.

7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks folks.....

I also have a Bluetooth 3.0 mouse from geekbuying, Item Code: 328948, and it has a more friendlier issue than my Logitech Anywhere 2 which is a Bluetooth 4.0 mouse, and I am running firmware 1.2.7. The issue is that once the connection is severed, I absolutely have to power off the mouse for minimum of ~10 secs and turn it back on for it to have connected status in the X9S Bluetooth setup, same cannot be said for the Anywhere 2 mouse no matter how long it remains off before turning back on. But the Anywhere 2 mouse has no such issue with R-BOX, Tronsmart boxes, T95N-M8Spro, X9-S905X, laptops and PCs. I believe they all have Bluetooth 4.0 support.

Here are more experiments results......turns out the geekbuying mouse's 10 sec thing is its characteristic, so I am going to focus on the Anywhere 2 mouse only.

Tronsmart S95 Meta with April 16th 2016 firmware, connection severed, mouse still paired in status, wake mouse and connected status within 2 secs without doing anything else.

Same holds true for R-BOX RK-3229 and X9-S905s Android boxes.

X9S with 1.2.7 firmware, connection severed, mouse still paired in status, wake mouse and nothing happens, it remains in paired status. Click ok on Anywhere mouse, status changed to "connecting....." then gave up after ~1min and remained in paired status. The only way to get connected status back is to forget the mouse and pair again and requires constant connection.

I am pretty sure that the issue lies in the X9S firmware, but is that a statement for Bluetooth 4.0 device only? My 2nd Tronsmart S95 Meta works with both Bluetooth mouse until the firmware got updated to July 26th 2016, despite the fact that both have paired status, but both will not connect whatsoever no matter what contortion you tried. Did X9S picked partial bad common coding on Bluetooth 4.0 After April 16th?

Anyway, Anywhere 2 mouse is only $59, may be the X9S people can buy one for development. Its a nice mouse that has a Unify USB wireless mouse dongle with the ability to connect to two other Bluetooth hosts, a little push button at the bottom lets you select which of the three hosts you want to connect to.