Beta version v6.3.35 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

There are a few background programs that can interfere with MakeMKV like DVDFab Passkey and similar should be disabled before running MakeMKV, nonetheless I suggest you run the MKV file through the latest version of MKVToolNix to remux it and while you are there you could untick any unnecessary subtitle tracks extra audio and even added in image files that AFAIK Zidoo ignores. If there are any errors in the file derived from MakeMKV, MKVToolNix will pick them up

2. Enet

Enet Active Member

I am experiencing that 3dBD issue that has been talked about before. My UHD disc of Revenge of the Sith is showing as 3DBD. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 3D version of TFA next to it. I think I have seen the same thing before.

IMG_20210908_210831__01.jpg

3. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Yes, I am using the latest mkv to rip. Also always unplug the system after the firmware update couple of time. All the setting are the same as given in the setting thread for this model. I will try removing one 5tb hdd this weekend and see if this helps.

4. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I do not have DVDFab or any other ripping software. I just downloaded the MKVToolNix today and will remux and try this weekend. I assume that I just input the source file and remux without changing any settings. All extra audio tracks, subtitles and images were already removed when ripping with the MakeMKV. I hope one of the setting will work. Thank you all for the help and support you are providing. This is a great community.

5. Netmask

When you load your MKV file into MKVToolNix don't change anything. Just select "Start Multiplexing"

6. Netmask

I only have 2 options. Absent is the 'Standby Directly'

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What are the two options?

*edit* Sorry - I just realised that's a stupid question :) (it's early!)

I'm sure my Z9S has the standby option - I'll check later...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  8. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I did remux with MKVToolNix without changing anything but it did not help. It still start to freeze from the middle of the movie. I checked and rechecked the settings again and again without any success. I will try with removing with HDD tomorrow and see what happens.

Balacescu likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

This has to be a file transfer issue - I've never had any problems with MakeMKV - all my movies are either 4K remuxes using MakeMKV or 4K encodes using Staxrip and all play flawlessly.

If it was the odd file I'd suggest a file issue, but since it appears to be all of them it must be a transfer issue - try moving one of the movies to a USB stick and see how that works - stuff like this is always a process of elimination.

10. Netmask

Maybe the 3000 doesn't - for the time being I'm powering down when I've finished.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

IIRC, in the past there was at least one version of MakeMKV that yielded some flaws. I don't know what version(s) you ripped your discs with, but do try to rip a problematic title with latest MakeMKV and see if it helps.

I'd doubt that. If there would be timestamp errors in a HEVC stream, mkvtoolnix is not able to correct these. There is simply no HEVC bitstream filter for that.
    However ffmpeg can change or correct timecodes of an elememtary videostream. Where your inputfile is <input.mkv> and output file is <output.mkv>, this code should work:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=tick_rate=24:num_ticks_poc_diff_one=1 output.mkv

Put desired framerate after <hevc_metadata=tick_rate=>
    For 23.976 Hz use (24000/1001)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  12. moal

moal Member

Hello, I use MAKEMKV almost 3 times a week to put Dolby Vision Films in the right format and then encode them in x265.

I have no problem with it. And I made a bunch of film out of it.

It would be necessary to have the media info of the source film and of the remuxed film with MakeMKV

13. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Anyone having issue with intermittent pause when streaming content via NFS?

14. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Yes , but only with 4k UHD big file .... + 30 GB .... == with SMB ... only DLNA work fine

15. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I moved the hard drive and attached it to NVIDIA Shield and played with KODI and PLEX and all mkv's are playing fine without any pause or freezing. I still have a feeling that it is a hard drive issue. I will move some files to another hard drive and try to play from there.

If this is not the case may be two 5tb external hard drives attached at the same time could be the trouble. May be I should use at least one internal drive or even better build a NAS system. But first as I said I will try to move some MKV movies to another hard drive and try to play from there. My other hdd has only backed up movies and everything plays like a charm.

16. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Also to add further it does not happen at a particular time stamp but it does start to happen every time after playing the movie for about 50 min to an hour. If i stop the movie for some reason for sometime (at least half an hour or more) and start playing, it will not happen for at least another 50 min to an hour. Just thought may be someone can shed some light on this particular behavior.

17. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

NFS used to be the preferred protocol for streaming large files. I dun recall having any problem in the past. It only happen in this latest firmware. Hope zidoo engineers can figure this out quickly.

18. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I remember mirror stating a new FW version will rollout (announced for last week), is there an update when it may happen?

19. Markswift2003

There've been a few unexpected little bugs, but it's on its way soon...

Armin Moesslacher likes this.
  20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Is that UK soon or China soon?