Beta version v2.3.60 for Z9S/Z10/Z1000/X20/X20 PRO/UHD2000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by mirror, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Screenshot_20210701-150759.png

2. dapro

dapro Member

This option is not on UHD2000

3. Markswift2003

Ah - that's problematic.

4. Markswift2003

Was that option available in earlier firmware?

5. dapro

dapro Member

that explains it

6. Markswift2003

NuPlayer should be default anyway.

Looking back to your earlier post with this image:

[​IMG]

That would not work - if the filename is:

21.Bridges.4K.hdr.dts-hd-ma.5.1.mkv

Then the trailer must be named:

21.Bridges.4K.hdr.dts-hd-ma.5.1.trailer.mp4

7. dapro

dapro Member

Ok i test it.

8. dapro

dapro Member

no, this Option I never seen in early FW‘s

9. Markswift2003

I think it was removed because it confused people - it certainly isn't available on 1619 boxes either.

But yeah, the key to trailers working is to have EXACTLY the same filename as the movie with the addition of .trailer at the end.

10. dapro

dapro Member

a wonder. it works the local trailer works
    the trailer file as you write must have the same name so wish film file only at the end .Trailer.mp4

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

The setting is missing on Z9X but present on Z9S and X9S

Screenshot_20210701-210517.png

I've compared zidoo_quick_settings_2.1.9.apk (UHD2000 2.3.60) with zidoo_quick_settings_2.1.8.apk (Z9S 2.3.60). The Stream player function is missing in the UHD2000 apk.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  12. Voyager

Voyager New Member

With this beta version, 3 times the build-in subtitles changed on their own from my language to an other language all of a sudden.

13. dapro

dapro Member

it's just a beta. There are a lot of bugs. Personally it just annoys me that one brings such more expensive devices on the market and it does not manage to bring out a decent FW. There are always beta versions. the beta is followed by a new beta. that sucks. my next device will no longer be a Zidoo

Tarantula and leviathan like this.
  14. Mpira

Mpira New Member

there's a way to upgade just de home theater apk for the zidoo x20? My actual FW is V2.3.35

15. McBluna

Mpira likes this.
  16. Mpira

Mpira New Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  17. McBluna

Home Theater is installed as system app and can not be removed without root.
    You can install v4.0.69 from my new guide "How to update Home Theater 4 on Zidoo X8, X9S or X10" and install it on your X20. So you don't have to update the firmware and your player don't need to be rooted.
    I'll write a guide "How to update Home Theater 4" for the Android 7 players later the day or at the weekend.

18. Mpira

Mpira New Member

OK, I'll wait your guide.

Last question: If i root my player, i'll still be able to instal futures FWs?

Thanks A Lot

19. McBluna

Even rooted is the player still updatable. I'm currently not sure if a firmware upgrade will remove root or not. I'll test it for the guide.

Mpira likes this.
  20. dapro

dapro Member

where do you put the instructions? can I then also use it for the UHD 2000?