Audio Output from UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Rajiv Kumar, May 27, 2023.

1. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Hi All,

I am a huge fan of UHD3000 using in India and has just started using the player. My question is -

1. Does UHD3000 have a DAC which can be used for stereo listening ?
    2. As of now the UHD is connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI. Can I use an RCA out from UDD3000 and use the same connection for stereo listening ? If yes what are the changes I need to make upon UHD3000.
    Looking forward o hearing from you.

Regards,
    R

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Some answers:
    1. UHD3000 has an excellent DAC build in.
    2. You can connect the Denon next to HDMI also via RCA Analog for Stereo listening. To switch you must change DAC from OFF to Internal Player and back gain for the reverse. Sound via Analog will be noticeable better via the DAC => RCA than via HDMI.

The HDMI Audio Output switching from RAW to PCM and back will happen automatically by the player. obviously you need also to change that Denon from HDMI to Analog ports at the same time.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Also, you can assign a colour key to cycle the DAC modes with the 3000 to make the changeover easier.

4. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

THANKS BUDDY

5. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Hey Buddy I have a situation and want to take your help.

So, as you know an AVR like DENON or be it any AVR has multiple HDMI outputs and other digital outputs like CO-AXIAL, RCA and Optical. But the AVR can play one connection at a time like if I am using the HDMI Port of the Media Player of the AVR, than I cannot use the AUX of the Media Player of the AVR at the same time.

Now my ZIDOO UHD 3000 is connected to the AVR via HDMI as a Media Player Source. Yesterday me and my son connected an RCA between the UHD 3000 and Denon's Media Player RCA section. Therefore, my concern is ----

1/ While using the HDMI connection, if I want to switch to the RCA's stereo listening what exactly I can do that I can view the files/Albums on my LED and the output can come out from RCA connection at the same time.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

With most AMP's switching to an analog RCA input (Use CD myself) the last used HDMI port is kept for video.

7. Markswift2003

It's the same with Denon

As long as the source you are using has the appropriate inputs ("Analog", "HDMI" etc) assigned in Settings/Inputs/Input Assign then you can cycle between Auto/HDMI/Digital (optical or coax)/Analog (RCA) for audio and video is not affected.

8. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Sorry friends..if you can please explain me in layman's language..DO you mean that though my UHD3000 is connected to the HDMI of Denon as Media Player. If I go to Inputs Assign and remove the HDMI and let the Analog be there..I will not loose the video on Media player and my sound will come through RCA ?

Is that correct ? Please advise...

9. Markswift2003

Go to "Input Assign" on the Denon and assign the HDMI input and the RCA input you want to use.

Connect the UHD3000 HDMI and RCA outputs to the inputs you just assigned on the Denon.

Then you can select either "HDMI" or "Analog" from the Denon's input modes and that will select between HDMI and RCA audio. The Video will always be from HDMI.

10. Mustangfred

Mustangfred New Member

I believe if you just leave the Denon / Marantz on auto, it will switch automatically to analog or hdmi. As long as you have both analog and hdmi setup in your input assign section. That saves a lot of hassle.