Announcement for 2.2.82?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by leonkoum, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@blenky
    They know how to find me when needing examples. I don't think that is the problem.

The Seamless Branching problem can be bypassed making an MKV of it obviously. My simpler bypass is playing it with another media player without this nasty problem. None of HiSillicon based players have this problem, it seems to be SOC/SDK related. Both RTD1295/RTD1296 based players exhibit this flaw and it was reported by me more than 2 years ago:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ng-not-working-with-blu-rays.4439/#post-22232
    So probably Realtek needs to provide a fix here causing the extreme long time to solve it? Frankly I am surprised it was not solved with RTD1296.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK. I thought that seamless branching was fixed on Zidoo's RTD1295 players? I also have a Dune HD Pro 4K which has no issues with seamless branching or forced subs.

3. Nice Monkey

Good to know. At least the Dune proves it can be solved and it is not a SOC related problem.
    As far as I know Dune does not use the SDK of Realtek as the basis. Realtek is notorious for refusing to make essential updates to their SDK.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  4. Nice Monkey

Update my review as I have run into SACD ISO playback heavy distortions for medium/short intervals a number of occasions now. This after playing many hours. Cause unknown.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  5. chaddy

chaddy New Member

2.2.82 has broken my X20. Had no issue before this update to speak of and now when watching mkv via SMB it will hang and then a message appear sayin Home theater app has failed. I can return to the home screen but nothing will play after this. Only option is to reboot the x20.
    File size was 30GB

6. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

watched a couple of movies past weekend via smb. one is 60GB and no problem at all. However, I found some display settings was altered during the upgrade. after I switched some settings back to auto, I found z9s automatically set yuv to 444

7. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Alita: Battle Angel suffers from seamless branching problem too... at the begging and the end Atmos track has problem..
    Very disappointing

8. peter rimmer

peter rimmer Member

it will not update online my friend

9. peter rimmer

peter rimmer Member

good point

10. Nice Monkey

My educated guess they wait till the launch of UHD200o to come with an official new FW release. This was just a try out for fixes made thus far.
    In a few weeks we should know.

11. peter rimmer

peter rimmer Member

yes at the moment i would not buy a zidooagain my friend

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor