Android app 1.11.61 and it is getting even worse

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by hjf, Dec 21, 2023.

1. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

1.11.90 apk downloaded from the beta firmware link. It seems the problem of the limited number of artists displayed has been solved

2. audio58

audio58 Active Member

My crashing of opening the ap on my samsung tablet has stopped. Works fine now!!

3. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Why would you cripple the sound quality using compressed Spotify?
    Instead, use a lossless streaming source such as Apple Music (which has lossless and hi-res lossless).

4. SilentWave

SilentWave New Member

It's good enough for me. It's the mastering that matters more anyway. Even some of my 24-bit FLAC files sound worse than 16-bit/44.1kHz (CD quality) files because the recording or mastering of those albums just weren't good.

Nutul likes this.
  5. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Seriously @mirror ? After the last upgrade the Android app is broken again. Artists are now displayed up to L, then repeats from D to L and then jumps all the way to S.

Every other version there is something wrong...jeeez :mad:

6. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Hey. I understand from this thread that the feature set of the Eversolo app has been a frustrating experience for you. You also mention that Openhome would be an acceptable protocol to mitigate this experience.

Have you considered BubbleUPnP Server - oddly not a UPnP server and not the well-known mobile application. Once running it allows you to turn any UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (eg A6) into an Openhome renderer.
    Normally it runs on a server/nas or similiar but their docs say it runs on Android too so you could run this app on the A6. https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/android_install.html
    I've never run it on Android or tested it on the Eversolo. I used it before to turn a Chromecast into a UPnP renderer for reasons unremembered.

Not sure this will help, just a thought that came to me when reading your posts.

JamOne and Nutul like this.
  7. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

This is something worth considering …..thx

Path8022 likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Had some crashes too. Also lyrics displaying a single word per line under some conditions.

9. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Installed the app. I can see the A6 as a renderer with the Lumin app but I can't access its library.

Opened its config page in a web browser. I can setup the A6 as media renderer but not as a server. In the server tab I can only see my Denon AVR.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

AFAIK it is a LMS client, not server.

11. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

We are talking about Bubble Upnp and OpenHome, not LMS. I don’t think the Lumin app would work with LMS either

12. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Ye, as I said the name of the app is a bit misleading. It's not a server itself but more of a coordinator for servers and renderers. How were you using the Lumin app before then with your local music? You must have had a UPnP server on your network somewhere? As I had not used the Lumin app, I wrongly assumed it had some secret sauce you were aware of.

Had a play with the Lumin app to see if I could get it working. Is it really that desirable? My initial impressions weren't great but maybe it's more function than form when you get used to it. So I installed the regular BubbleUPnP app from the Amazon store (paid for this years ago) and the badly-named server variant. You can add the local filesystem to te Bubble app via the A6's samba function. Was able to play local files on the A6 with the Lumin app.

Screenshot from 2024-02-02 10-20-46.png Screenshot from 2024-02-02 10-20-35.png

Maybe this is a workaround where maybe just because you can doesn't mean you should! Works though.

Ultimately it would be best if the local music player on the A6 was improved to meet your needs but personally I'd always prefer not to be reliant on the hardware manufacturer for managing my music software. Running your music/media server of choice on your network and your various devices are simply clients gives more flexibility.

If you must use the A6 as your lone device and don't want to use its native player, the fact it is Android based does mean you have a few alternate options.

- Install Emby Server app on the A6. This works really well. You could install the normal Emby app on other devices, use the native Emby integration on the A6 or some third party app like Symfonium.
    - Symfonium supports samba so you could install it on the A6 or any other Android device to play/control your local music on the A6.
    - Kodi (again share your local filesystem via samba) installed on the A6 and use the app Yatse to contol it from any device. Browser plugins and other web-based controls available.
    - BubbleUPnP app installed on the A6 will also expose your local music folder.

Anyway, sorry for waffling. This is prob of little use to you when you really need the A6's player to meet your needs. I think the prospect of improvement is high. They've only been developing their software for a short while and IMO the improvements have been substantial so far.

13. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

No need to be sorry, you just wanted to help and I appreciate that.
    I have the Lumin app installed on my phone to use with my Aries Mini as Auralic Lightning DS doesn't support Android. It's not the best app, I prefer the Auralic Lightning DS but that means having always the iPad at hand and this can be sometimes an issue in a multilevel apartment :D. Graphically the Eversolo app looks better but the Lumin does a number of things that I just don't get from the Eversolo. I want to be able to use the A6 storage though.

I have also tried MConnect but same issue, it sees the renderer but not the library and MConnect doesn't support SMB either, only UPnP/DLNA

My hopes are really low on this and have no expectations. It's a pity, it is a great device but with a not so great app which in my opinion is diminishing its value.
    Anyway, I just remembered that I had the 1.11.90 apk that I installed manually. Uninstalled the new crappy one and put back the better 1.11.90 while waiting for a newer version, hoping that it won't be screwed up again.

14. Path8022

Path8022 Member

All good. Well, here's hoping the improvements come thick and fast.

Would be curious of your opinion on the Emby Server app https://emby.media/server-android.html running on the A6.

I think it's a great solution to turn your A6 into a server for all your devices. You could play music from your A6 storage to either your Aries Mini or the A6 using your Android phone or iPad depending on which floor you're on :) Have just been playing with this - pretty slick I think, the Emby apps are better for playlist management than the beta version on the A6. You get a web interface too. As Emby can be a UPnP server too, maybe it will even work with the Lumin app if you don't like the Emby ones.

photo_2024-02-02_12-34-22.jpg photo_2024-02-02_12-34-25.jpg photo_2024-02-02_12-34-37.jpg Screenshot from 2024-02-02 12-28-28.png Screenshot from 2024-02-02 12-27-57.png Screenshot from 2024-02-02 12-27-22.png

I'll leave you alone now!

15. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Path8022 likes this.