Android 7.1 Or above coming ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by DELUCAS, Mar 19, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It can only be a good thing for us
    Besides new chipset and os may bring a Netflix capable box and 4K amongs other things that people have been after .

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Netflix 4K and Youtube 4K have been reported to work on Egreat with android 7 indeed. Tried Youtube and that is really in 4K. Still to be tried is Netflix but at least the menu runs fine in 1080P mode.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed Zidoo add this to the new Z and X20 series later as cant see why not now .

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

one of the other issues ive been noticing on these Android 6 players updating to Android 7 (ish)
    They all seem to be taking around 20-30 fps hit in actual perfermance,after the updates

This is based on Chigs reviews page on youtube ,after hes tested diferent mediaplayers ,after an Android update (running the standard testing softwares ..names of which ive gone blank on while writing this :p )

Youtube 4k works well now and has for ages
    just gotta run the right app to side load Youtube 4k

5. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

If the performance hit is for things such as UI and gaming (who games on this?!?!) then I’m ok with it if it gives me better media playback features.. it is a media player after all

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the standard tests run all sorts of stats like memory/cpu speeds video performance ,gaming performance ,amoung a gamut of other things

ie video performance is also reduced
    Antutu benchmark was the name i couldnt remeber earlier