Amazon music

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Ypslon, Aug 10, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Thank you for explaining.

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Tested gapless playback works fine. Normally, it needs to get the next playback stream 10seconds in advance. so don’t seek to the remaining time is less than 10 seconds.

Attached Files:

3. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

This screenshot is what I’m seeing in UK. I know virtually nothing about streaming technology (never heard of Opus), so this may be what you’re referring to when you mentioned the ‘parsing policy’ fix in the next update, but I thought it was worth attaching.
    IMG_0793.png

4. Uwe

Uwe Member

Gapless playback does not work with my A6 ME and Amazon Music in Germany. Examples: Tubular Bells 2003 by Mike Oldfield or Katie Melua Live in Concert. See and hear video attached. You can clearly hear the pause between the songs. Firmware 1.2.12

Attached Files:

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Isn't it an issue with the A/M thing? ( it has been explained in other threads...)

6. RingoG

RingoG New Member

the problem at the beginning of the songs is not "sometimes" - nearly every song!
    ... I am the only person who had this problem?
    ... here in Europe Amazon music HD is an standart of streaming - and for me the eversolo
    makes here for me a worse job!
    ... this is a "no go"!
    ... hope this will be fixed with the coming update - otherwise this will be a reason to sell the eversolo!

Bonzo and Uwe like this.
  7. Webkemmi

Webkemmi New Member

I totally agree with you! Without a fully working native Amazon implementation I will move back to Wiim pro with external DAC. Amazon music on Wiim works without any issues.

Uwe likes this.
  8. Peter Wallop

I’m finding it interesting that contributors from Germany seem to be experiencing these issues more than others. There were also two or three German Forum members a couple of months ago who were experiencing problems (I can’t recall the details) that I just wasn’t recognising. I played the Tubular Bells clip and have certainly never experienced anything like it through my A6 in the UK at all.
    Of course, this may just be coincidental and I don’t have any idea why a problem could be geographical, but others with more knowledge may have some thoughts.

Uwe likes this.
  9. Uwe

Uwe Member

There are many Tubular Bells albums on Amazon Music. Have you tested with Tubular Bells 2003?

I read about an Amazon Music bug on Wiim that only existed in Poland. Your assumption is not unreasonable.

10. Uwe

Uwe Member

The bug also occurs with almost every song on my A6.

11. mirror

Yes, FLAC 96Khz 3.2Mbps 24bit, the SQ is much better than opus 48Khz 165.2Kpbs 16bit. Sorry for that:(
    We will release new firmware ASAP

Peter Wallop, Uwe and ammar11 like this.
  12. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Peter Wallop likes this.
  13. mirror

Another good news is that we are working on squeezelite, but I don't have a schedule yet

Stuj and ammar11 like this.
  14. Uwe

Uwe Member

Yes, no problems on Wiim and Blusound. Moving back to my Node 2i with external DAC is an option for me too.

15. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Can't wait a couple of days for the firmware update?

16. mirror

We've reproduced it, it should be fixed soon

Peter Wallop likes this.
  17. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I’m in Ireland and have had the same experience with a trial on Amazon. Missing starts and no flac streams. Could it be region related? Maybe .co.uk subscribers get a different stream to .com?

I’ve just been trialling Qobuz for the last week and find it much improved from the last time I tried it…much improved library with fewer missing albums….and there’s a free Soundiiz tie up to transfer your library I’ll probably switch from Apple to one or other for the better GUI of the native apps. Hopefully the Amazon issue will be fixed in time to allow a side by side comparison

18. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

@mirror will the next firmware introduce a home screen like the A8 pictures show?

19. Peter Wallop

I was referring to Uwe’s post #64 video clip. I haven’t had a chance to play that track on my kit
    Well, that’s interesting - I think that I’ve just undermined my whole hypothesis :confused:(though German members do seem to suffer from a disproportionately high number of A6 problems)! I’ve just played the 2003 track and, for the first time ever, experienced the same ‘jump/glitch’ between tracks as on the video clip. Given that this is new (and really annoying), my first instinct is that it could be related to the Opus stream that I’m now seeing instead of FLAC (only noticed yesterday).
    Given that Mirror’s responded and the Dev’s are ‘on the case’, my guess is that this is covered by the ‘law of unintended consequences’ and will be resolved shortly - the Zidoo Dev’s are very responsive.

20. Peter Wallop

No worries - I appreciate the response. I’m sure that you’re all over this, but could there be a relationship between this issue and the video clip Uwe posted (#64)? I played the same track in the UK and, for the first time, had the same ‘glitch’ between tracks (I USB out to a Z8, EOS Engine is activated, sample rate is original & volume is fixed). I’ve never experienced this on the A6 before today.
    Thanks for continuing support.