All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I just received the Z9X.

Yes no problem Nice Monkey

on the other hand with the youtube apk, I cannot connect to my account I have an error message

I don't have the dolby vision for the shows with the Netflix apk of zidoo only the HDR

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is all in my review:
    Youtube bundled works for me but can't sign in with it. Added "Smart Youtube TV" myself which lets me sign-in without any problems and works perfectly with just a remote control.

For streaming APP's read the Spanish review (using translate). There are links how to get them working on Android too including Disney+:
    Disney+ HD (720p) / Stereo correctly, supports audio Dolby Digital Plus
    Added their table as it quite impressive. The player has become close to NVIDIA Shield and Apple TV players here.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

thanks, it works now.

I did these tests for fun knowing that it is not an android TV, but as you say there is an improvement compared to the previous generation

Disney + works fine but as already said in 720p or less.

Amazon prime video, I downloaded the last available version,
    As for Disney +, the application works properly but the image is not good, in my case I don't think I have 1080p but rather 720p like Disney +

[​IMG]

Netflix provided by Zidoo is working fine, as you said it is a nice step forward even if there is no DV or 5.1 for now.

about Youtube, i installed smart youtube but in my case the 4k videos are not smooth unlike the Zidoo version,

it doesn't matter i use my android tv for these applications

See you

4. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

Which frame rate 23 or 24 stand for 23.976 ?

5. Nice Monkey

23 as 24 is 24.000

thaworn R likes this.
  6. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

thank you , Nice Monkey.

7. HTNinja

HTNinja New Member

Will there be a UHD2000 with this chip? If so, would it be worth waiting for if this is the desired model?

8. Nice Monkey

Only can guess but for sure also UHD2000 will be upgraded at some moment. When? No idea but I guess again that Neo X will come first. That one is due already too long.

Only you can decide if it is worth waiting for. In my conclusions I hinted for reasons to upgrade. If DV and Streaming Service is not something very relevant for you then the need to wait is not really there.

HTNinja likes this.
  9. HTNinja

HTNinja New Member

Thank you, that was all I could find too. I suppose if I ever get around to upgrading my JVC projector (RS600), I can revisit what is available. I don't watch streaming services in my HT anyway and I have a FireStickUHD if I really need to. Thanks for all the info, I am new here but hope to learn fast without bugging anyone.

I only found zidoo after searching for info on the Zappit unites that seem to be getting somewhat "popular" in the US. Once I compared the best Zappit had to the UHD2000, I have not looked back. Personal taste for sure, I just love the look of the UHD2000 as well.

10. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

Anyone got issues with bluray menu playback?

Almost all my 3D ISO rips bomb out back to the previous screen with the movie playing in the background (sound, no picture). Then I can't play any video without rebooting the machine. Running latest Beta fixed nothing, Z9X

All play fine with play video, rather than menu.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  11. Илья

Илья New Member

У меня тоже самое

12. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

Hello
    How to activate the WOL
    Thanks for your help
    Louis

13. Nice Monkey

WOl is active always. No setting for it. Just use Zidoo Controller or any other device doing WOL requests.

14. vox ter

vox ter New Member

Does not seem to work for me using the Android controller app. Connected via LAN, FW .45_G. Anyone has it working with similar settings?

15. sonata31

sonata31 New Member

I can turn off the Zidoo but not turn it on
    Louis

16. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Noobie question. Is the WOL limited to the Ethernet port only? Or it works over WiFi?

17. Nice Monkey

Good question, needs to be tried. Using my Z9X wired. It is an IP command but if the WiFi chip is on power during standby too?

If you are using WiFi then please report here.

@sonata31 & @vox ter
    Just tried once more using the same FW as you. Go to connect history and select your player (obviously the auto-connect fails) and then select (the RTD1619 unique) new Boot option for it.
    Added this instruction to the review.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    vox ter likes this.
  18. vox ter

vox ter New Member

For some reason, I don't have a new Boot option - every time I select the player from connect history it gives an error code -6

19. Nice Monkey

When you click on "Connect History" then any known Zidoo player should be shown with the associated IP-Address below. Clicking that player pop-up a new window should appear with "Clear this device" (all models) and "boot" using WOL for RTD1619 models only.

That window has no boot option? You are using the most recent Zidoo Controller APP?

20. vox ter

vox ter New Member

Thank you, Nice Monkey. Seems so it is the most recent version of the app... I'm signing up for the beta channel and will report back.

[UPDATE] I'm on version 1.5.5 - there does not seem to be a beta channel app at this point... and no Boot option