Accessing HDMI input in my app

Discussion in 'General Development' started by uniquegodwin, Jul 30, 2015.

1. uniquegodwin

uniquegodwin New Member

Hello,

I am unable to see the video coming through HDMI input as a webcam input in my app.

How do I use the input as a video input device in my app?

Please help. I have ordered a few Zidoo X9 boxes hoping to develop the apps using the HDMI input in this device.

Thanks.

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

3. Gary W.

Gary W. New Member

Thanks!

4. Stephen Ward

Stephen Ward New Member

I was wondering if anyone has encountered the following error when attempting to compile and run the zidoo recorder program. I think I have the program correctly compiled and signed. I am using Android Studio 2.2.1 and I am assuming the newest Zidoo X9S device which is running android 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

10-13 08:13:47.220 30708-30708/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.zidoo.hdmi.recorder, PID: 30708
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.zidoo.hdmi.recorder/com.zidoo.recorder.HomeActivity}: java.lang.SecurityException: Binder invocation to an incorrect interface
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2417)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2477)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1345)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5458)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
    Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Binder invocation to an incorrect interface
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1620)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1573)
    at com.mstar.android.tv.ITvService$Stub$Proxy.getTvCommon(ITvService.java:365)
    at com.mstar.android.tv.TvManager.getTvCommon(TvManager.java:205)
    at com.mstar.android.tv.TvCommonManager.getService(TvCommonManager.java:136)
    at com.mstar.android.tv.TvCommonManager.getCurrentInputSource(TvCommonManager.java:166)
    at com.zidoo.recorder.tool.HdmiTool.changeInputSource(HdmiTool.java:369)
    at com.zidoo.recorder.tool.HdmiTool.isDisHDMI(HdmiTool.java:354)
    at com.zidoo.recorder.tool.HdmiTool.startHdmi(HdmiTool.java:106)
    at com.zidoo.recorder.tool.HdmiTool.<init>(HdmiTool.java:75)
    at com.zidoo.recorder.HomeActivity.onCreate(HomeActivity.java:47)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6251)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1107)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2370)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2477)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1345)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5458)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)

5. Stephen Ward

Stephen Ward New Member

Update:
    Although the previous error still exists on the Zidoo X9S, I was able to get a program going which displays the HDMI in on my Pavo M9. It is running Kit Kat so the android version may be one of the issues.

I wonder if anyone can tell me what the best way to control the size of the screen display would be. Currently it looks like the HDMI input is being displayed the full size of the application and a portion showing through the surface view.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  6. tomtom99

tomtom99 New Member

Hi.

I have a question regarding the hdmi input and github application.

Is it possible to use the hdmi input stream as an ambilight video data rgb pixel input?

Like i play on pc or any other external hdmi video source and i can grab RGB pixel data from it, send it to another software for rgb led ambilight calculations and yet at the same time watch it on tv, somewhat capture pixel data without saving it.

And if it will work with hdcp content too?

Connecting it to an ambilight system could be some problem as it is no raspberry, have not any output pins, sure there can be some workaround, but for now i would like to know if it is even possible what i described.

7. IES

IES New Member