18TB Drive

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jimcann89, Feb 2, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Jimcann89

Jimcann89 New Member

I have a Z20 Pro and bought an 18 TB drive before I noticed the 16TB max and am having issues with the player reading movies that I know are physically on the drive. Would it help if I culled down the files to where the 18 TB drive had under 16TB of files or is it more technical than that?

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You probably need to reduce drive size a bit. There are number of program that could do that without formatting and moving files. @Nice Monkey had few posting about it. Check this one here.

3. Jimcann89

Jimcann89 New Member

Thank you. One caveat, I’m Mac based if that makes a diff. I didn’t see gparted for Mac. Maybe @Nice Monkey will see this. If buying a 16TB will be the solution I don’t mind getting one then using the 18TB as an archive.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Check around for partition management software for Mac. GParted can be installed on bootable thumb drive and it will run on Mac independent of your OS. Follow instructions from GParted website if you want to go through it.

Jimcann89 likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes my guess the limit is present with any type of OS as it is physical sector access related in combination with SATA. .