1.2.44_BETA/1.2.74_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2024.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:Since v1.2.40
    1. Optimized Squeeze Connect cover display.
    2. Improved ROON Squeeze Connect connection.
    3. Enhanced REPLAY GAIN display.
    4. Optimized the history queue feature.
    5. Optimized seamless playback function
    6. Added automatic hiding of the navigation bar for third-party applications.(Settings-Display-Automatically hide navigation bar)
    7. Improved USB DAC compatibility.
    8. Addressed occasional display issues with output sampling rates during optical output.
    9. Added support for obtaining audio information from SACD via XML files.
    10. Optimized the UPnP scanning function.
    11. Enhanced playback stability.

Control APP
    IOS: v1.0.91
    Android: v1.12.01 (Support Android tablet horizontal screen display)

DMP-A6
    v1.2.44_Beta
    http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A6/v1.2.44/DMP-A6_R_v1.2.44_Beta_202401191917_ota-package.zip
    MD5: E07EF01B1788B029648AD62399432029

DMP-A8
    v1.2.74_Beta
    http://music.eversolo.com/dmp/ota/DMP_A8/v1.2.74/DMP-A8_R_v1.2.74_Beta_202401192015_ota-package.zip
    MD5: FE52B0C279A82168EB45040C56ECD207

Xanderzdad, fofocho, Eric777 and 2 others like this.
  2. The Moog

The Moog Member

Thanks @mirror!

I can confirm that sample rates now display correctly when using the digital outputs. It would be great to have full digital volume control over them as well at some point :)

3. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

If you downloaded the last beta do you still have to download this one to USB to install it? I was under the impression that it would be an automatic online install thereafter.

4. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Just re latest Android version for Controller App, it is v1.12.22 and not v1.12.01. Unfortunately at least on my Samsung Galaxy TabA7, the landscape switch does not work, still stuck in portrait mode.

5. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Checked also on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE smartphone, controller app also stuck in portrait mode.

6. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

Confirmed on Samsung Tab S8 landscape mode works fine.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  7. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Same here Samsung Tab S5e with Eversolo app v1.12.22 no landscape mode.

8. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Portrait mode always worked - it's landscape that's missing.

den16410 likes this.
  9. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

Thx, corrected :)

10. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Although landscape mode not working yet, I like the improved layout on the Now Playing screen in the App, larger album art, more refined icon and font sizes.

11. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

So are you saying that landscape mode for the app is working on your Samsung tablet? It does not seem to be working for other people.

12. TheGovnah

TheGovnah Member

Yes, on both Tab S8 tablets. Once you launch the app you have to select the icon in top left to launch in landscape.

Attached Files:

13. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Thanks, I see that you have to be quick to click on that icon, mine switched to the power off button on the top right just as soon as I launched. I'm glad I asked the question.

TheGovnah likes this.
  14. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Thanks for this info. Click on the device arrows icon top left after launching and you get the list of devices but also now an option top right to switch between portrait and landscape modes. You can switch back and forth at will. The Now Playing screen in landscape mode is very different visually with album art smaller than default in portrait, but you can expand it by clicking on it.

15. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

All works fine and many, many thanks @mirror for the landscape mode in android!
    Now it is a very usefull device for my needs. Three thumbs up!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    TheGovnah likes this.
  16. swenske

swenske New Member

Thanks !!! (Galaxy S9) Screenshot_20240124_192105_EverSolo Controller.jpg

17. MaSi

MaSi New Member

I have noticed several times that it shows the wrong title/artwork. It has happened when I play a list, and instead of playing the next song on the list I decide to play another one. It plays this one, but shows the title/artwork of the one that was next before this change

den16410 likes this.
  18. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

You can touch this button also in slow motion, when you go back to the first side of the app, where you can select the device. Then the icon for landscape mode is in the upper right. No need to get nervous or to hurry. ;)

19. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

I can confirm that ReplayGain works on local files.

20. fahzz

fahzz New Member

Kudos for whatever you did with this update. Now this thing sounds as good as it looks!

Nutul likes this.