New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i cannot see any white dots from your image

and zidoo teams is in holiday now

2. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

I’ve set mine to “standby” with power button. I read a thread where someone posted power usage in both modes, completely switched off was 0.3 watts, and standby was 0.4 watts. As it’s negligible for me, I have it set to standby and therefore have not noticed any flickers or dots etc.

3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Don't know what to tell you. They're clearly visible in the image I posted. Look at it full-size. There are several of them visible in a diagonal row above the Zidoo logo. The camera didn't pick up too many but as I said, there are actually several rows of them diagonally and they flicker very quickly as the whole screen flashes rapidly on and off during boot. Clearly there's something going wrong during boot with 12-bit enabled, and only since switching to a new HDMI 2.0 cable. I detailed specifically under what circumstances it happens in a previous post. This doesn't happen with 10-bit deep color or with deep color disabled, and it didn't happen with my old 1.4 cable, possibly because the 1.4 cable wasn't passing the 12-bit deep color.

If this issue is just going to be brushed aside, I'll be returning the unit as clearly something is going on during boot, and only since my new cable. That's why I asked if others could replicate the issue.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

They are not gonna reply anything on your questions. They never did with all the firmware topics. No support here by Zidoo. Just wait for a new firmware or return your box.

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Not? I see the white dots even without my glasses ;)

6. godalmighty

sorry man i really dont see anything, but i will try with my box with your setting
    i choose
    HDMI mode: AUTO
    Deep Color: Auto
    Color Space Mode: Auto - extra bad
    report for you later

edit:
    i`ve recorded the booting with the setting but cant find the white dot

maybe i need a pairs new eyes :(

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Sh1no8i likes this.
  7. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Could you confirm that it is the right framerate when in 12bit 422 mode please? I don't have any equipment that can tell me the exact framerate. Thanks

8. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

What do you want me to test?

9. mattmarsden

Just that it is perfect 23.976 when in 422 12 bit mode

10. mattmarsden

The stutter on this firmware really needs to be sorted out. I don't think I had stutter on 1.4.12 but I did on 1.5.0

11. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

I get stutter and banding with 4k content.

What settings are best to try. I have a Samsung KS7000 10 bit HDR panel.

12. mattmarsden

12bit ycrcb 444 will eliminate banding but unfortunately introduces stutter

13. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Yeah, right now there is no best output option. It should be YCbCr 444 12bit, but as you said, it introduces stutter to 23.976 (and maybe other frame rates, like 29.970, also). It also causes my player to freak out during boot when set to 12-bit. These issues are critical and need to get sorted out ASAP.

14. mattmarsden

Its really strange this stutter, it didn't happen on firmware 1.4.12 but I think started when auto resolution was introduced. As I need auto resolution I will have to stick to this firmware and hope it gets resolved - its a fundamental feature so hopefully it will.

15. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I see you have an LG set too, as mine has the same screen saver and info panel. You don't seem to have the booting issue I do, but maybe auto deep color mode is selecting 10-bit for you for whatever reason. I don't get the boot issue on 10-bit, only 12-bit. Or maybe your TV is handling auto color space better for some reason?

Can you try the following settings and boot up a couple times to see if it happens?:

HDMI mode: AUTO
    Deep Color: 12bit
    Color Space Mode: YCbCr 4:4:4/YCbCr 4:2:0/RGB 4:4:4

This should force the player to output specific settings instead of trusting auto, since we have no idea what auto is really selecting from one TV to another. Is your TV 4k? Because my TV is 4k so auto HDMI mode selects 4k for me.

16. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I really like the change to the way it lists the two options for "change frame rate" or "change frame rate and resolution" - it's way better than the old, confusing way of them listing 23.976/24.000 and 29.970/59.940. But something in the changes definitely created the stutter issue.

And I'm still not sure if the player puts out the correct color modes. If I Select YCbCR 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 or 4:4:4, is that really what the player is putting out?

17. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

It's not good news... In any way!

422 12bit introduces extreme color banding.
    20180210_200024.jpg

In addition... The framerate gets changed to 23.972...
    20180210_200057.jpg
    So... Chosing 422 12bit mode is a double negative... Banding and stutter!

IMO... These options are still the best:
    Deep Color - Auto
    Color Space - Auto
    HDMI Range - Limited

Even though these settings do default to the incorrect setting of 444 12bit... It does eliminate most if not all color banding... But stuttering does occur.

Hope this helps.

Sh1no8i likes this.
  18. godalmighty

yes i use LG 55UH650T, a 2016 entry class series, but it is 4K HDR and i set the Deep Color mode ON in my tv setting
    i even buy a new hdmi cable for this try, Vention 2M AAB HDMI2.0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this is the booting video with all the setting you want me to try

ursiel, atony and Sh1no8i like this.
  19. atony

atony Member

well done --GREAT

20. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

It seems like an isolated issue that ‘ursiel’ is experiencing. I can’t see any erratic behaviour in any of these videos.