23.976Hz output @ 10/12 bit DeepColor is broken

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Punisher86, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Punisher86

Punisher86 New Member

Hi, I have the Zidoo for a few days and have encountered a problem. Most people have blackscreens but I have "only" short sound failures every few minutes. I was so far in contact with Lony from the German AndroidPlayer Forum. The blackscreens could be confirmed here several times by the users.

The short error description is:

The box is set to 4k / 60Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "On"

With MKV files with 23,976Hz it always comes to tone failures. How the file was coded does not matter. Have almost everything tested from 1080p 8Bit to 4k 10Bit Bt.2020. Files with 24Hz, 25Hz or 60Hz are played without problems.

I then tested the MKV files with 23,976Hz with fixed output and deactivated autoframerateswitching.

4k / 24Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "Off"
    4k / 25Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "Off"
    4k / 30Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "Off"
    4k / 50Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "Off"
    4k / 60Hz, DeepColor Auto, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "Off"

In all cases, no more failures have occurred.

There were also no problems after Deep Color was disabled at 8 bit output.
    The box is set to 4k / 60Hz, DeepColor OFF, color oversampling Auto and both AutoFrameswitch switches to "On"

Therefore, I am sure that there is a problem with the 23.976Hz output @ 10 / 12Bit. I hope some people will confirm this problem so it will be fixed soon.

2. Punisher86

Punisher86 New Member

Another small addition.

All devices must support HDCP 2.2 otherwise no 10 / 12Bit is output.

The error occurs in all versions from 1.2.7 to 1.4.4.

3. Punisher86

Punisher86 New Member

Come on people I can not believe that I am the only one with the problem? Do you all look at 8Bit or without hdcp2.2?

4. looun

looun Member

i have also problem x9s -> 444 10 bit -> FHD TV -> back screen at 23,976

very bad news for people have old A/V reciver HDMI 1.4

5. Lony

Lony Active Member

Hello Punisher86,

you are not alone , i have the same issues and many other user.

For me, there are no sound exposing, but image exposing. Black picture every 20 - 50 sec. If I switch Deep Color to OFF the problems are gone. This is not the point. If I leave Deep Color on on and switch off the frameswitch, then the problems are not present. Also the same as you. Zidoo has get a video from me, with this issue.

This problem is known at Zidoo and has been mentioned here in the forum, look at this link

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/frame-drops-black-screen-with-2160p-and-23-976hz-video.4013/

What Zidoo wants to finally do against this problem, after all, the Zdioo RTD1295 models with the best on the market.

I will link all users with this problem from my forum, in the future to the Zidoo support, since I have no answer for this issue.

http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/i...10Pro-und-X9S-sowie-Tonaussetzer-nach-Spulen/
    http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/i...naussetzer-bei-Box-Settings-4K-Sammel-Thread/

For non German Users, please take Google Translate.

Thanks

Lony

6. Lony

Lony Active Member

@looun

why old receiver with hdmiu 1.4, i have a Denon X4200W and the same issues.

Lony

7. looun

looun Member

that's the ponit ! with old A/V reciver HDMI 1.4 can playback fine 4k up 30hz ,good for UHD Blury disc.

there is new RTD1296.... :cool: :D

8. Lony

Lony Active Member

Thanks @looun another Building site for Zidoo:D:D

9. rikioh

rikioh New Member

Same Problem for me...

with setting 4K@60hz, Auto, 4.2.2, Auto Frameswitching... 4K23,97hz movies play without dropouts, but only getting 8bit output... With other settings there are blackscreens....

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

RTD1296 is clearly added to broaden the potential deployments for the RTD1295 chip by adding I/O channels: Dual SATA controller (=4xHDD), 2x USB3, 2x Gbit Ethernet and 2x HDMI output. No news for media processing features other than better and faster I/O.

Think about NAS, Router, STB and other boxes next to media players using the SOC.

11. Punisher86

Punisher86 New Member

Thank you for the feedback then my x9s is not broken and it is a bug. @ Zidoo team can you confirm this? With software to fix or hardware problem without solution?

12. gaki

gaki Member

13. ragico

ragico Member

Exactly same here.

14. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will solve it in version v1.4.6
    Maybe you can try to plug in Blu-ray port on AVR.

15. Punisher86

Punisher86 New Member

Ok, thanks for the feedback. If this problem solved I am very satisfied with the X9S. Hope it works directly with this version to fix the problem;)

What do you mean with BluRay Port? 1.4HDMI? No problem, it works without problems when I disable DeepColor. As I said there are only 10 bit output issues with 23.978Hz. With 8Bit everything works great.

16. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

in 1.4.4 usb disk never stopped to read possiblee to appy standby mode for unused disks?