New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X10 released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by mirror, Apr 28, 2017.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Dear Customer:
    Thank you for your patience, hope it all worth it. Zidoo has launched a brand new version – V1.4.4. This new version added some new function, such as better Blu-ray menu, perfect external subtitle module, even reorganized decoding of the stream media.
    However, the new function may have some other issues. In order to fix this, we spent a lot of time and effort to test and Debug. On basis of 1.3.0 BETA version, we published more than 30 test version. Some users may still care or concerned about some problem have not been solved of this version, but we are always here as you know.
    Zidoo always try our best to offer the best experience to our customer,
    There is no flawless product, but we are getting more close to it.
    Enjoy!

V1.4.4 for X10
    Updatelist

System:
    1, Add 1080P25 resolution option.
    2,Fix the issue that virtual keyboard doesn't appear when airmouse connected.
    3,Fix a format error that occurs when you try to format a TF or Udisk or harddrive.
    4,Fix the issue that no HDMI display after repetitious plug in and out HDMI.
    5,Optimize the fluency of playback from the very begining of a online video in some certain APPs.
    6,Fix the incorrectly display when switch between different live channels in some certain APPs.
    7,Fix the issue that a playing episode interruptedly switch to the next episode in some certain APPs.
    8,Fix the issue that no respond occasionally in some certain APPs.
    9,Fix the issue of USB audio switch.
    10,Fix the issue that the status of Downmix 5.1 doesn't be save after restart.
    11,Improve the compatibility of camera, support 1080P camera.
    12,Improve the compatibility of bluetooth, support bluetooth mouse better.
    13,Enable a new online player - nuplayer which will improve streaming media playback.
    14,Fix the blurred display when enter some APPs.
    15,Improve the algorithms of anti-aliasing, denosing and edge sharpening.
    16,Improve the rendering effect, Enhenced the sharpness and clearness.

Applications:
    Player:
    1,Fix the failure function of 'Repeat all' in play mode.
    2,Expand the time-shifting range of subtitle to 10 mins.
    3,Optimize the synchronicity of subtitle and audio.
    4,Add a menu prompt when pause the playback.
    5,Add the display of time when pause the playback.
    6,Optimize the function of download of subtitles.

Blu-Ray function:
    1,Fix the issue that the movie no longer be played after quit by press home key.
    2,Add the function that switch region code by press num-key 1,2,3.
    3,Add autoswitching of frame rate for 23.976 and 24.
    4,Add auto-downloading of subtitles function.
    5,Add 3D Blu-Ray menu function.
    6,Add switching chapter by press page down & page up.
    7,Optimize the effective and compatibility of Blu-Ray playback with BD menu.

Quick settings:
    1, Add a setting of Blu-Ray region code.
    2,Add a wifi hotspot setting.

Filemanager:
    1,Add a setting for manually refresh
    2,Fix the issue that the ISO files don't appear in Videos column.
    3,Fix the incorrectly display of progress bar when copying a large file.
    4,Fix the error which occurs when you open a CUE file.

Theater:
    1,Optimize the sharpness of poster.
    2,Add category of 4K and 3D.
    3,Improve the UI of the video manager and the movie's page.
    4,Add a IMDB search function in the movie's page.

Weather:
    1,Fix some Temp value don't follow the switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    2,Add cities list

Launcher:
    1,Add a password confirm when set the password of APP lock.

Full_OTA_Package:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/c5h67hkak8oifib/X10-v1.4.4_20170427_ota.zip

MD5:86A53D55B5D9A1734F6A1E36A965BA47

How to upgrade

ZDMC:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/ZDMC/zdmc-16.4.13_siga.apk

budahom likes this.
  2. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

When I try to install the update from a USB stick it gets to the part where it says its going to copy the files and comes up with an error saying "Not enough space to upgrade, please delete some files" My X10 is practically empty, I've not installed more than about 50Mb of files. Help please.

3. mirror

Restore the factory mode.then try again?

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide_step/guide_target/2k02gFiWIINKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

budahom likes this.
  4. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

OK this has worked thank you. Now I have to setup my X10 for the third time since purchase, :(

5. Jose Almeida

Jose Almeida New Member

Hi,
    The firmware does not have an option t format as internal storage?
    Where is this option?

6. Pedda

Pedda New Member

As I've mailed to your support (two times!), i need a full image of a working firmware for the X10, because I've flashed the device with a firmware offered by you in this tutorial:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/[ld]XQnOt03YTBKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

But this FW does not work for me, i can install it to 100%, after booting I get a blackscreen and the display stays at "HELLO".

So I need a working full image of any firmware for X10 to get my device working again, please, after that i can do the "ota"-update to 1.4.4.

7. pan88

pan88 New Member

HDMI IN problem
    Using HDMI in to watch or record cable tv, the tv screen will freeze in one minute.
    Do you have a download link for X10 V 1.3.0 firmware?
    I want to flash back to 1.3.0, thanks.

8. mirror

Hi,please check:https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/[ld]XQnOt03YTBKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

9. mirror

10. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

11. mirror

v1.3.0

12. Pedda

Pedda New Member

13. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

@mirror
    Give a link to image 1.3.0 for X9S

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Should be for X10 and please add a MD5 checksum to it. It is essential to have a correct image file in the back-pocket just in case it is needed for an emergency recovery.

Downloaded "install.img" for X10 using the mentioned link with MD5 resulting in:
    1c6783be3940ce8785b31e7de757506d
    I don't want risking my player trying it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  15. Pedda

Pedda New Member

That's exact the same MD5 sum I've got and this image is not working on my X10, so be careful.

I've uploaded the install.log, maybe someone can take a look.

Attached Files:

16. Nice Monkey

This is not a good start for X10. Should be solved as quick as possible. In the mean time my advice is not to do a ROM re-install, just regular Local OTA of FW 1.4.4 and if that does not work for you, have patience and wait for a fix.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  17. mirror

We are uploaded a new img firmware,please try again.sorry about that.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzl6669yum6hn2g/install-X10-v1.4.4-usb.zip
    MD5 of zip file:ddf93e90071262fef0809b5434bc7ce8
    MD5 of img file:3845274590fe666c9ff62dd3bba6060b

18. Nice Monkey

Downloaded the file and both the ZIP and install.img inside it verify correctly with MD5.
    Recommend removing all references/links to the corrupt image, simply to avoid mistakes.
    Already saw that some used it with success also after getting stuck which is excellent news.:)

For the correct information this ZIP holds FW 1.4.4 as a ROM "install.img" to be installed pressing the restore button on the back during power on.
    It will implicitly wipe all Settings, APP's and Data on the player including OpenWrT settings. It also removes bundled ZDMC as being just another APP.
    In fact emergency flashing does not do an install procedure of Android but puts back on a complete ROM image as installed at the factory.
    You only need it when your player has become unstable and a Factory Reset did either not help or cannot be accessed at all anymore as it got stuck somewhere. It is also the only way to reset the OpenWrt root password (if you forgot it).
    ZDMC (and everything else) needs to be re-installed manually after it using the APK provided (just click on it).

For normal updating without loss of any settings, APP's and Data the OTA update file and procedure should be used instead. It will also conserve the ZDMC installation with its settings and data. Doing a Factory Reset before or after an OTA update has the same effect regarding wiping as emergency image flashing with the exception of OpenWrt settings (including the root password) which are not reset by it.
    To get a 100% clean new FW install I recommend doing a Factory Reset followed by a normal OTA update either locally via USB or via the network after it has been made available that way. It is better to do the Factory Reset before the update than doing it after updating as the OTA install procedure will then run on an already cleaned image avoiding potential installation problems like out of memory etc. Also here ZDMC needs to be re-installed. OpenWrt also has an internal Reset function, which can be used for those settings.

The why of my story above? Zidoo does emergency flashing differently than other brand media players which might be confusing when being used to flashing those. Others typically apply an Android script triggered by the boot-loader which will wipe the device first and next do a clean Android install of Android OS plus packages. This effectively is identical to doing so in the 2 steps just described (Factory Reset + OTA). Typically the same FW file can be used for OTA and Emergency flashing using other players but with Zidoo both are very different files not to be confused.
    I don't say ROM image flashing is a bad idea in any way, just different. It is (slightly) more risky when something is done wrong (e.g. power interrupted or wrong image file being applied) but it offers a very good restore indeed which should recover from almost any condition.

Bottom line only do emergency ROM image flashing with Zidoo when really needed, but be sure to have a player matching ROM "install.img" file in your back-pocket as one never knows when it is needed. It is not really important which FW release this image is based on. Once working again the desired FW can be installed using OTA via USB or the most recent available via the network. ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Andydigital likes this.
  19. VICENTE GONZALEZ

VICENTE GONZALEZ New Member

IN THE APPLICATION OF THEATER, THE FILM MANAGER, I CAN NOT DOWNLOAD THE POSTERS, OF THE FALLS WHEN SCANNING THE DISC, ALWAYS IS A DISCHARGE FAILURE, SOME SOLUTION

20. ma_ko

ma_ko New Member

Unfortunately, the search for subtitles by the Zidoo player does not work, despite the default setting of everything, as it should be looking for in any other language, just not set, the search itself takes too long ..., it does not find subtitles and for new movies and old ....

Which server is the default subtitles you use? Maybe start using these "checked"

Cover search, 80% works, the rest "case".

ZDMC works slowly To this, despite the ZDMC video playback by the external player (zidoo), it diverts to the internal KODI DVD palyer, ending with no "scaling" to the default 4K (set in general Settings of the player) and playing all in 1080 ...

Is there an option for Kodi 17 uploaded separately to use the Zidoo player?

Last edited: May 6, 2017