Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

1. known edid lose issue

it used to be a lot worse in 50s f/w supposedly fixed in 60 thou i was still reporting it ,and still here in 75 . i think i still had it in .80 too thou that crapped out after 2 -3 weeks locked box up ,only fix being a revert back and re install 75

You can alleviate it a lot by setting your desired setup ,then going in a turning on EDID and saving to a location ..i just use the box dcim or download folder

Its supposed to load your set EDID each powerup (thou i have had it load wrong settings then,too

either way . known bug still being worked on

2 . send me a v12 and ill let you know :p

2. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Thanks for responding again cucnz. Unfortunately this time you're hitting me with technoglop. I have no idea what you're talking about. What does "going in a turning on EDID and saving to a location ..i just use the box dcim or download folder" mean?
    Oh, and I'm NOT sending you a V12! :eek:

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

when you turn on EDID (slider ,it will bring up a popup asking location to save the new EDID .....rather than choosing an external HDD ,since i swap em a lot and small file , i direct it to one of those folders in the zidoo )

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Not many people think the Dune 4k is more buggy!! they are probably talking trash cause I've owned many media boxes and the Z9x Pro is by far the worst. but then again the interface on the Dune 8k is an abomination.

Simon Belmont and xskip like this.
  5. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

First off I own both. I'm not a fanboy of anything, I'm almost 70. I wasn't even involved in the VHS vs. Betamax wars (a dreadful time in American history...burp...). Well, ok, I did always prefer Rawlings to Wilson baseball gloves.

All I know is the Dune had all the bugs that the Z9x did, when using wifi. I'm sure if I'd connected my HDD's directly to it like I eventually did with the ziddoo it would have worked perfectly fine. But, as you confirmed, the interface is an abomination. That's why I stuck with the ziddoo. I only care about playing movies from my collection. Other stuff like subtitle maintenance I could care less about.

misichavichus and royibo like this.
  6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Hey, I recognize that. That's English! :) Thanks for clarifying, cucnz. So, to be even more clear, after everything is booted up in the correct order (AVR, TV, Zidoo) and setting the zid to VS10 HDR, it creates an EDID, which I can then save somewhere on the Ziddoo, then turn ON Custom EDID and set it to that EDID file (which I will name the cucnz file, hehheheh...)
    Thanks again, fellow Israelite!

royibo likes this.
  7. Racer X

Racer X New Member

I'm very patient, but even I don't understand how long we can wait to updated firmware.
    As a home cinemas installer, currently I do not recommend Zidoo's 1619BPD based models to my clients. Also it's a shame that the previous DR models are no longer available. At the time of discontinuation they were very stable and worked perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    gymnos likes this.
  8. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

So I Have Sold my Z10Pro next will be the Z20Pro this should never have been brought to market . For those who don't like the Dune 8K PRO you never will! I have changed all the set up to what I want And there in No way the Z20 even comes close in performance Everything is faster it's just better . Customers are not Beta testers for you that's your job No new firmware still there working on it?? Will they solve the problems I don't believe they can.

gymnos likes this.
  9. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

I can’t fault your thinking but for me speed isn’t really a huge incentive. I just want reliable consistent play. I usually know what I want to watch when I use my player so the user interface, although it is somewhat important, it’s still not the main function of the player.
    For those on the fence I’d probably recommend staying with the prior generation players. Their performance is good and many of the issues have been fixed. Perhaps if Zidoo and others get working on the new players we will see improvement.

Racer X likes this.
  10. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

I still have 2 Zappiti 4k HDR duos that I upgraded to R_Video even though they are slow they are still much better than the New Zidoo.I will try other brands in the future if I need to But Zidoo have lost my trust there apathy says everything to me. I am very much in to audio too and all most bought one of there audio units but the support can't be trusted.I think no one will buy a new range without them proving review samples first??? Such a shame old range just so much better and we have paid a lot of money we only won't it to work.

11. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

i know you are frustrated ( and I agree for a part with you)..but I read more reviews of the Dune..then just yours..and people complain as much.

12. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

Well no problem with samba shares,no problems with subtitles on and there are firmware updates like I say no product is a 100% perfect perfect But hell it plays every thing I throw at across 3 NAS units and 90TB of Movies and TV scans in seconds .I I do have full fibre super fast broadband Maybe that why I have no issues Z20Pro could not show folders for months sometimes best no defend the indefensible it's an awfully bad unit and no update since Jan 24

13. Racer X

Racer X New Member

I don't understand why they don't make publicly available at least the internal version 1.0.80. In my 2 months experience it works much better than 1.0.75. At least in my usage scenarios.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i had 80 for 2-3 weeks ,then box totally locked up and had to full reset reload 75 b4 i could use it again
    Someone posted they had basicly same thing after a couple weeks with it too
    wouldnt mind trying it again to recheck the MP7 changes they did on 80 now we know Raw/Auto effects mch a lot

15. Racer X

Racer X New Member

I have no problems with 1.0.80 on Z9X pro during more than 2 months of regular use. I completely forgot about EDID loss problem.
    But I have a good habit of doing a hard reset of devices after firmware update.

16. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Am I the only guy who hasn't had any major issues ?

Is it because I'm running a custom launcher, ZDMC and a forced EDID (dumped from my TV)?

no EDID issues, I got multicahnnel FLAc and Lossless Atmos M4A music playback working via ZDMC, no HDR weirdness. I have a couple of niggles with having to turn the box off at night as leaving it on 24/7 causes instability, and third party apps not supporting auto refresh rate changes.

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Me , except sacd mch and hi res mch flacs ,but theyre still working on those and the random EDID lose issue which seems to happen a lot more since i changed from 23hz ress ,from 24hz ,now im seeing it daily again with 24hz it was once a week

24/96 Flac and m4a atmos mch work on 75 as long as Raw is on Not Auto which i figures out a few weeks back in testing

dsf mch files with raw on will have zidoo say they are outputting 6ch ,but the denon 3700h will say 6ch ,but only 2 channels fl fr are carrying audio ( if i am remebering it all correctly lol....its all posted on the mch audio thread in .75

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have no issues at all at the moment. I did have one issue where sometimes the video would stutter after bringing it out of pause - but I haven't seen that for weeks.

Everything plays fine. My only complaint, and I know it's something Zidoo will never improve, is full bluray handling.

Then again do I have a simple set up Zidoo > AV - TV and maintain a fairly small library.

19. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Simple question. I use an EDID generated by my tv/avr. If I change any settings on my tv, like color saturation, or on my avr, like sub levels or change in frequency, do I need to resave the EDID file and load it?

20. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

how to generate EDID yourself? (Simple question))