Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. sandyj

sandyj Member

Sometimes this issue is DNS related and will depend on how that is setup and what device is supplying the DNS for your network some routers can have issues supplying the DNS correctly to devices inside the network. In other words devices can't find each other in the network this can be intermittent.

2. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

That would have impact over all devices... not just Zidoo.
    It looks like Zidoo is not presenting it's share efficiently. In short words... I had to manually map zidoo drive as the PC share at Win10... Since without it (in 90% of try and do) the share was just NOT discovered by Win10 OS in the Network... even if all other SMB shares from other servers and all in the same IP mask 192.168.1.x are instantly being discovered...even the ancient popcornhour c-200 is. But Ziddo share isn't, or is but only in 1 of 90 tries.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  3. sandyj

sandyj Member

Did you try a nslookup from the win10 pc when this happens ?

4. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Member

Did a lot more testing after this, on 1.0.75 if i turn my projector on and wait for it to display picture, after that i turn my processor and zidoo at the same time, i find that this way it retains the resolution and VS10 HDR configuration.
    I have yet to have any problems with this firmware, it reads all the movies i throw at it, served on a SMB V3 share by my NAS.
    Only bug for now that i have seen is when screensaver kicks in you can see the movie subtitles.

6. sandyj

sandyj Member

This issue I had with 1.0.75 was stuttering until I switched on VS10 HDR configuration works fine now and was working fine on 1.0.65 and previous. I have not had any issues so far with loosing the VS10 setting but I always turn the Zidoo on last anyway I also use it with a projector.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That makes sense.

I have an HDFury Vertex which always provides an EDID to all devices connected to it (and a different one for each device if I want) so it doesn't matter what order I do things.

Azrael likes this.
  8. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

The problem is that Windows is discovering Zidoo as multimedia device capable to receive streaming from PC... But is not discovered separately as SMB share in the Computers section of the Network. While manually entered or mapped share using Zidoo host name works perfectly... So it is not DNS problem.

9. Markswift2003

DNS has nothing to do with hostnames, and unless you're on an enterprise network, it has nothing to do with local networks either - it resolves domains to IP addresses.

You should see the Zidoo as a media device, probably under the name "Z9X Pro(Living Room)" as that's the default (can be changed in Control Center) and as a storage device under the hostname which is whatever you put (or left as default) when you switched the Samba Server on:

upload_2024-4-10_15-45-39.png
    upload_2024-4-10_15-46-7.png

upload_2024-4-10_15-46-38.png

If you don't see the Zidoo as a storage device, either the Samba server isn't on or Windows is throwing a fit.

I would always recommend using a fixed IP address and going in with that rather than relying on the vagaries of Windows networking and certainly never rely on DHCP!

10. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Yes, I've ment DHCP not DNS.
    So this is what is see:
    2024-04-10 16_49_59-Network.jpg

11. Markswift2003

Very odd - but nothing surprises me with Windows.

I'd stick with the mapped drive or just a shortcut to the share. As I say, I always just use the IP address instead of having to wait for Windows to populate the network view, usually incorrectly.

12. sandyj

sandyj Member

Network discovery browsing issue.
    Make sure all the windows PCs that want to be seen have the following services enabled and are running as the computer master browser has been depreciated due to only supporting SMB1
    Function discovery provider host and the Function discovery resource publication services

13. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Still no FW update? I'm losing faith in my Z2000 Pro.

14. Im thinking of selling my uhd5000 and 2 z9x and buying the rvolution 8k signature

Simon Belmont likes this.
  15. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

I was going to add the Dune 8K till I reread the specs, neither Dune or R_v has split HDMI outs and they do not do frame packed 3D. So the UHD5000 stays till something exceeds what it can do.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

plus from the few that have posted since getting their Dune , after about a week theyre finding its way more buggy ,than the Zidoo they just got rid of ,and are regretting the decision

xskip likes this.
  17. I dont use 3d .but im don whating on new firmware

18. The r volution has its own firmware I hope its working

19. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

That would be me, among others. Yeah, not only was I not pleased with the performance, but I wasn't too crazy about the look and layout. It's poster wall is not a pleasant experience, among other things. Once I connected my HDD's to the zidoo it plays like a champ. My only problem was the crappy remote but my V12 came today and now everything plays and responds smooth as silk.

20. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Two questions. The first one I think I've seen here before but good luck finding it.
    1. My Z9x Pro keeps reverting to Auto under Display>HDR. I keep setting it to VS10 HDR but it keeps switching back. Any fix for this? Or is it another firmware issue?
    2. Got the V12 remote today. I keep "teaching" the buttons but they keep forgetting. Kind of like me back in high school. Any fix for that?