Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. browelly

browelly New Member

Amazing that people are still here cryarsing after finding their dream media player. It's like they can't stop going on about their ex.

Move on, lads.

NickS likes this.
  2. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

That's funny, I have the Dune 8K Pro One and it worked great for a week then started with the weird glitches, so I hooked the z9x back up, this time with my HDD's connected to it, and it plays perfectly. However I do have a problem with the remote, it's so unresponsive, I have to press buttons multiple times sometimes to get it to work. However, I downloaded the zidoo remote app and it works so smoothly, with no delays, no black screens, as I navigate through the home page and the Poster Wall. Why can't the actual remote behave like this?

3. sandyj

sandyj Member

Which remote do you have I think some models come with different ones and did you connect the wireless Antennas ?

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

The standard z9x (and pro) remote is pretty awful. The upgraded one you can buy as an option (comes with the higher end boxes) is excellent thankfully.

5. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

The one that lights up, that Amazon sells for $29 bucks, but it came with my z9x. I didn't have to connect the antennas, they were already connected. I had a hell of a time using wi-fi.
    One problem after another plus a few others nobody else here seemed to have. The only hassle for me having the HDD's connected to the zidoo is whenever I want to add movies I
    have to disconnect a drive and hook it up to my pc. They all need to be powered so I have to unplug them and crawl under my computer desk to plug them in. Then, of course the zidoo
    has to see it and reconnect. But it's worth it for glitch free movie viewing. Watched 2 movies tonight, in fact.

6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

What is the upgraded one? The one that came with my z9x is the one that lights up. Is that the one you're talking about?

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

no the one we are talking about is the v12 it has Bluetooth so the response is snappy and quick.
    it looks the same except the v12 has Bluetooth and automatic backlight that turns on when you pick up the remote. this one is in the link!!

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/V12/target/PfjRkwqbV7FKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

you can transfer the file direct to the HDD ,i do it all the time

in the file explorer ,just go to network on left side open that then ZD_Samba , then Share , then the hdd which will be a string of letters and numbers in naming then just drag file across

same with say winrar ..just go to extract files then search for the same so Network / ZD-Samba / Share /then xxxxxxxxx

was an issue in like f/w 52 ish where files transfered couldnt be seen,but the was fixed by .60 i think

9. KJC

KJC Member

Agree!
    We should sign a petition for this. The only way Zidoo team will listen to us.

10. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

While waiting for stable firmware, I bought Ugoos AM8 Pro, it reads absolutely everything! I'll probably sell zidoo5000 because the product is not supported. If zidoo releases a new product about this series they will completely forget. A shame

anpehro and DennisTheMenace like this.
  11. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

OK that's the one with the green buttons, the crappy one has orange buttons. Thanks! I can use it to control other components as well I see.

12. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Excellent! Thanks for the info. Where is all this information located? It's definitely not in the feeble booklet that comes with the z9x Pro.
    EDIT: There's nothing under Network except my local HDD and all the network shares that are now disconnected (since I moved them to the zidoo). Yesterday I saw everything, the xbox, the zidoo, etc. but even then I could only see the properties of each item, I couldn't find any "share" function.
    EDIT: Thanks to you and johnnyquest I've got it working. Thanks, bro. You have no idea how big of a headache/annoyance you've saved me from. Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  13. johnnyquest

johnnyquest New Member

I transfer all of my movies thru samba also. Works great for me, my computer is upstairs & my z20 pro downstairs. Every now & then it doesn't see it for some reason then i just restart my computer & it shows up. Not sure why. I am still on the original firmware. Never upgraded.

14. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Yes, I think a PC restart is in order here. Thanks!
    EDIT: Yep, the restart did the trick. I am now transferring like a madman. Thanks again!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  15. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

Not sure if this question goes here but I could not find another one regarding this. So all of a sudden I cannot access my Z2000 via my Windows 10 PC Explorer. It says it cannot find it. Yet I can access the player from my phone over the same network and I can access the PC from the Zidoo device and transfer files to and from my PC. Yet when I try to look at the player from Windows 10 explore it says it cannot access. I cannot figure it out. I have rebooted both devices multiple times and it remains the same. Worked fine yesterday. Made no changes or updates that I know of and yet no access to the HDD in the player from my PC.

Any thoughts?

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

have you reset PC

ive found with all my Zidoo models that win10 will "lose"its smb settings ,usually after an update
    also what ive found helps is to go to a windows folder thats being shared to smb and reapply the sharing ... then restart zidoo to re see it all

issue is totally PC/windows end

17. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Exactly what cucnz told you. I was going to say the same thing, in fact my PC unchecked my smb connection only yesterday, I had to reconnect. Than after rebooting the computer my SAMBA showed up again.

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Is there a way to disable Dolby Vision? And I don't mean using the VS10 HDR10 option, I just want it disabled, without any extra processing, without me having to remove the EL and RPU from my movies.

19. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

By reset do you mean reboot? Because I have done that multiple times. I just don't get why I can access the PC from the Zidoo and all my devices but the only device I cannot access from the PC is the Zidoo. No problem accessing my other media players on the same network.

20. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

I haven't personally had any issues with SMB access on mine, but I always access it directly by "\\IPAddress\share" if it makes any difference.

Yes windows is just really bad at SMB, it better in W11 than it used to be but still does weird things sometimes.