Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

lMAO

2. Nicholas Hewitt

They always string you along till it's too late to get a refund. I bought mine from Aliexpress and they had no choice to issue me a refund. I got to keep it as well, but like I said even free it's not worth it cause of all the bugs. every second or 3rd episode I watch freezes at the very beginning, and I have to reboot the box to be able to play that show. This is seriously unacceptable and pathetic that they abandon their product rather than fix it. but that's the price we pay for giving our money to Chinese companies. I am now considering the Dune Pro 8k as well.

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Is the Dune Pro 8k not a product developed in China also? It Seems very expensive when there are cheaper boxes on the market using the same Amlogic chipset.

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

There is no way to escape from Chinese production. One way or another, almost 100% of the actual high tech products are made in China. Fortunately I'm not facing same issues as you with my Z9X and Z9X pro, although I'm really disappointed with Zidoo weak support.

5. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

Just the fact that the actual(!) products are still using BETA-firmware after more than six months since their market release is more than ridiculous and even illegal in my eyes. Beta testers usually get their test objects for free! I had to pay the regular price for my ZX9pro...

6. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

This is NOT an open source project. They are earning good money with their non-ready products. Just scandalous...

7. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

rant mode off ;)

8. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

It's nothing to do with China it's to do with being ignored and sold a flawed product they knew there were major issues I mean Samba did not work from the start that took an age to fix it , I expect a product to work and a plan to sort out the issues. I have given them months for what? Yes I can compare the Dune and the Zidoo I am lucky the Dune has the odd issue or two but It plays everything, subtitles work all the surround sounds work Dolby Atmos DTSX etc and it's mathing rate is far better So it suites my needs for the small difference in price the Dune is better

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  9. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

How are they doing on the firmware front? Are they a vaporware company with support like zidoo is?

10. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

The player has been around since February and is already on its third FW: Dune Firmware Zone / Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus (dune-hd.com)
    I have been using it for 1 week and so far no problems, I use it for MKV playback from internal SSD, external USB, NAS via SMB and IPTV. YT with 8K@60Hz/HDR works well.
    Saving to internal SSD via SMB also works well.

11. vddan

vddan Active Member

What is the difference in image quality between your two devices......which has the better image?

12. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

a/k/a the gold standard :rolleyes:

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You mean the fall out flimsy one made of cheese?

;)

dr4go likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ranty muppet posts have been deleted. @husmoaschta keep it relevant to the thread and stay away from political comment please.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  15. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

of course, my captain :D

16. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

truth is not popular these days

17. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

Picture wise for me they are both very similar on the sound front the Dune is much better SACD play fine and flac files not had any issues with stuttering and subtitles just work like a dream . I run a 13.2 Atmos set up just seems to be better channel separation and more dynamic bass

18. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

That's funny, I bought mine from Amazon (U.S.) and they refunded me and let me keep it as well.

19. Nicholas Hewitt

I'll use the money they gave me back to buy a Dune 8k. Problem solved! it's more expensive, but the specs are phenomenal over two times faster with more memory than Z9x Pro. The Dune 8k leaves zidoo in the dust. Their company will go out of business cause they ripped off all their loyal customers and left them with a useless overpriced pathetic excuse for a media box Farewell Zidoo! you will not be missed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    gymnos likes this.
  20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I've been a Zidoo customer since the X9X came out - 7 years ago? Since then I have had the X9S and the Z9X, every single one of them was extremely buggy and went back in the box for a long time before they became My main media player, but eventually Zidoo mostly ironed out enough bugs to make them usable, I've used my Z9X for a long time now with not many gripes.
    This was in contrast to the 10 years or so of media players before I became a Zidoo customer, that was a time full of boxes that never got fixed or weren't fit for purpose and the frustration levels have been painful, add to this Own build HTCP's which where expensive and every model of the Nvidia Shield (I once had 4 Shields) - I have tried them all.
    I have watched this thread carefully, I am in the market for another media player, my Z9X is well used and has mostly been great but I doubt I will be buying this Pro box, it seems there are problems that Zidoo can't solve or don't have time to solve so it maybe time to try a different brand, the very reason I have been a long time Zidoo customer it would seem is no longer valid.

gymnos, Bill-Z9X and vddan like this.