Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Not sure why people are talking about a different player in this thread about beta software testing..

anyway.
    I'm finding on my Z2600 running 1.0.75g that occasionally I have to reboot the player to get any video playback working in any app, like the decoder gets jammed or locked by a process and not released. I'll keep poking at it to see if I can find exactly what sets it off.

2. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Am I the only ones having seen those issues?

3. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    All i did was factory reset and in display match framerate only. Than in settings to go other > about> advanced settings > video > 3840x2160 @ 23 selected. Turned on HDCP. In sound settings HDMI raw. It worked for me. I struggled with smooth playback and framerate since i bought Zidoo until i did this.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Anyway competition is always good. Now if Zidoo would just grace us with a new firmware!!! Please.

hdmkv, Rokus, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Right, before buying it I was reading forums and getting understanding that monthly FW upgrades was a strength for ZIDOO .. so I have to say I am a little concerned, maybe it is true that Zidoo engineers are focusing on other players?

With Blu ray disk slowly coming out from market, and so the will the rips maybe they are moving accordingly?? Hope I am wrong.

6. vddan

vddan Active Member

Same for me, I hope so too......because there are new features with a new chip from other manufacturers and nothing from Zidoo!!!!

7. Rokus

Rokus New Member

what chip are you refering to? Amlogic? I dont think it can do proper FEL yet? best for that is still Oppo 203 to my understanding...

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

YES....Amlogic, for the moment I don't know of any other!?

9. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Thanks, but what I am describing is not related to smooth playback. Mine on occasion just completely locks up on start of playback and requires a reboot. My settings are similar

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Relevant posts have been moved here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/dune-hd-pro-one-8k-plus.97423/

gymnos likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Are you sure it's the box crashing and not the TV having a problem syncing to the new frame rate?

Does it happen on particular files - ie, is it repeatable?

12. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I have to reboot my Z2000 pro daily. I will play a 4k video and I will hear audio but blank screen for a few seconds before it stops. Reboot always fixes it but it is a daily occurrence. Has been on every firmware I have used so far. Usually it is mostly when going from a regular 1080 video to a 4K one. I figure it is a sync issue with my LG Oled and have no hope of it being fixed so I deal with it. I can't afford to get a new device so a reboot here and there is the price I pay for using it I guess.

Staff49 likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Sounds like a similar issue to the post above.

Try setting Auto Frame Rate Mode to "Match Frame Rate Only" so resolution doesn't change.

Unclejoshc likes this.
  14. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

That is what I have set already.

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

Yeah, the Eversolo thing...

:confused:

16. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Yes, positive. I have waited minutes. When it happens, the z2000 stops putting out a signal and just sits there until it is reboot

It’s not a particular file or even the same file. Seemingly random. I have noticed it happen more when watching DVD rips. Maybe because those are forcing resyncs to 29.97 Hz if it is one using 3:2 pulldown.

Happened again just last weekend. Reboot, try the same file again, works fine.

17. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

same here. If I press any button more then twice it crashes when it's stuck on the first few seconds of the video.

18. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

That's what you get for buying a zidoo! I have spent more time trying to get it to work, then actual video watching. it's seriously pathetic! even though I got it for free. it's still not worth it with the issues it has and the neglect of the company..... they would have to pay me to use their product next time.

Staff49 likes this.
  19. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

I always shutdown my Zidoo now since it was moved to the basement home theater system. If you watch once a day or less then that then it makes sense to shut it down so it starts fresh and no issues then.

by96 and xskip like this.
  20. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

I found that leaving it on 24/7 was leading to lock-ups in all hardware accelerated video apps (including Youtube). it didn't crash the device, but the videos would never start.
    I thought installing an app switcher to kill tasks would help but it doesn't, the player does a good job of killing tasks but sometimes the decoder gets locked up.

Now I'm turning it off at night and its perfect, but I would like to be able to leave it on 24/7 or have a working standby mode so that I can have media loaded onto it very night automatically.

Not the end of the world, but definitely a bug worth fixing.