Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Yeah completely agree... Oppo does have handy buttons at the right place, it is so easy and effective to use....the remote also it is just perfect.

I had sold my Oppo but it bought it back after a week... I would actually like to improve the remote on the ZIDOO...I hate that you have to press a button to light it up, also I dont find it very handy why they dont have the PLAY in the middle and also buttons are too small..

Any 3rd party improved remote that we could use instead...?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "I have few BD Full rip within AVCHD folder".

Surely not in the same folder?

Sorry, I don't have a step by step guide, but you can create Kodi NFOs and use those to scrape (use NFO priority in HT4 preferences).

Tiny Media Manager is probably the best way to do this - I don't use it, but I'm sure others will chip in if you have questions.

https://www.tinymediamanager.org/

3. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Yes, I tried it already this afternoon Tinymediamanager and it works ok, it does creates a index NFO file inside BDMV folder and ZIDOO scrape them ok.

So what I meant before is that If I rematch manually this movie Rocky>AVCHD>BDMV via media manager in Zidoo it will match against AVCHD name so that also Pulp Fiction>AVCHD>BDMV will show as Rocky poster wise. Hope that makes sense now..

4. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi it's the same like always and reported ten times.

I tried again 5 different variations with prio to nfo, use local pics, tvdb or maze or intelligent. all the same. I have at least 2 poster for a show with more then one season. sometimes 5 or more. sometimes only some episodes are separated. it's not usable. the lib works perfect with any other software and client. just ht4 is endless buggy, it seems for more than 4 years now.

btw, poster wall for TV, a complete crap as written, but poster wall for movies, I don't see one single mistake or missing file besides that it seems to choose an ugly screenshot per default instead of the nice one also available...

5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

for it to work..you need movies in seperate folders names as the movie name...inside that folder you put the bdmv.

[Rocky]
    ---[bdmv]
    [Pulp Fiction]
    ---[bdmv]

I have the nfo files outside the bdmv folders for the Zidoo. Kodi wants to see them inside.

6. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

Is it possible to accessible HDD on the Zidoo when in standby? Now I have to power it up to access the HDD and transfer files over the network. My Dune HD was always accessible on standby

7. Markswift2003

When you match manually you enter the name so the name of the folder is irrelevant.

8. Markswift2003

Clear as mud.

9. Markswift2003

No, standby is standby so most systems besides basic IO are powered down.

On the Dune, standby doesn't really do anything - all it does is switch off the HDMI output so the box itself is still running - you might as well just leave the box on in that case.

10. Philippe H.

Philippe H. New Member

Hello friends,

Quick question as a new owner of a Z9x pro.

I noticed that when i play a dolby vision file (usualy a remux within a MKV container) the black part of the picture do not seem to be entirely black but rather slightly grey (just a bit above black) while the black bars are black.

My tv is a LG CX and I leave the setting to player led in the Z9x.

I have read this forum and I am using the recommanded settings but as there is a lot of information i may be missing something.

Are there specific settings that I need to keep in mind when playing Dolby Vision files ?

Thank you in advance and apologies for the trouble.

11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

trY
    Have you tried TV Led instead? I've got a LG C3 with Z9X Pro and that's the best setting for DV

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  12. Philippe H.

Philippe H. New Member

yes but i have read conflicting information regarding the quality of TV led with the chip used within the Z9x.

I understand that the signal is not proprly transmitted to the TV if TV led is selected.

May be wrong there but that was my understanding.

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have always used TV led on my LG. I've had a CX and now have a C2. I've also had the Z9X and now the Z9X Pro. TV led has always been great foe me with both TV's and both Zidoo's.

As regard to the black border. I assume you are on the latest beta? There was an issue with the last beta showing grey borders in DV which was fixed in 1.0.75. If you are it could be the source file that has a grey border?

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Remove the AVCHD folder. A bluray structure should look like - using Heat as example.

Heat (1995)
    • BDMV
    • CERTIFICATE
    Then HT4 will see 'Heat (1995)' as movie.

15. Markswift2003

There's a lot of rhetoric about "false DV" on AVS and while the way all these boxes do it departs from the way a bluray player does it, given the way DV works with media players, ie no FEL layer used, it doesn't really matter.

In display led DV the two video streams and metadata are transported to and processed by the display. In Player led, they're processed in the player.

With these boxes, Dolby Vision is a kind of halfway house as there is only one stream, so no need for any heavy lifting in the display so it makes sense for the player to handle the metadata as well and transport that as a tunneled 8-bit signal.

Basically try both and choose which you like best - theoretically there should be no difference but because different devices handle processes in each case there can be some subtle differences.

xskip likes this.
  16. supermood

supermood Active Member

will there be improved something by zidoo?

17. geebolt

geebolt Member

His Oppo requires the AVCHD folder name.

18. Sergii

Sergii New Member

If zidoo is in stand by mode can I turn it on from the app on my phone?

19. geebolt

geebolt Member

There is no standby mode on the current lineup.

20. Markswift2003

Yes you can.

As @geebolt says, there is no standby mode as such, only power off, but you can switch it on and off from the app (as with other Zidoo devices it uses WOL to power on)

geebolt likes this.