Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I fully agreed with USB external power supply if you like to avoid frequent hangs up!! ;)

2. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

Actually this depends on whether your Hard Drives are externally powered or not.
    If your drives are externally powered, like my WD elements 20TB drives then you DONT need a powered usb hub.
    If your drives are powered by the USB port, then you need a usb hub with it own power.

I went ahead and bought a "cheap"4 port passive USB hub (ANKER from amazon ~$12), connected 4x 20TB WD elements on it.
    It is working beautifully, the hard drives go to sleep when not used, the one playing the movie wakes up while others sleep, the speed is max. So i am very pleased with it.
    As a sideeffect, since i moved the drives to the USB hub attached to Zidoo, all my files are playing smoothly without any framedrop bugs. Looks like 1gbps network transmission with smb was not "perfect" and was causing the majority of the annoying bugs for me.

cbnbmore likes this.
  3. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Yes, I get it all the time. The only thing I can do is to not connect any HDDs to the box, I need to run via samba and my local network.
    I am on .65 of the firmware, I dont know if .75 fixed it or not.

4. Sawas

Sawas New Member

On the latest firmware, as well as on the previous ones, sometimes sound is lost when watching a movie. Exiting HT4 and playing the sound file in MP7.0 helps, then when the movie is turned on again, the sound appears again. It is unclear why this problem occurs

5. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Well, I use SMB only (no hdd in the zidoo) and have the issue on .75

6. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

I got random 1-2 seconds lost of sound while watching videos. It happens occasionally but the glitch is there.

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Obviously if your HDDs got external power supply, it's enough. My is a simple Benfei USB 3.0 USB hub (€11) and MAIVO bay (€63) + SATA x4TB with power supply. The connection is perfect and fast with no issues at all for my Z9X.

8. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I should also mention that I dont use Home Theater at all, I dont care for it but also I cant connect to the SMB and my local network for some reason.
    My Library, SMB all run through kodi.
    I was testing kodi nighttime builds (Omega) with an internal HDD connected to the box (.65 firmware) and still got the freeze ups,
    once I cleaned the library and ran through the SMB in kodi, all was fine again.

9. Terry73

Terry73 New Member

Good morning. I have a z2000 pro 1.0.75.
    I regularly experience jerks when watching HDR or Dolby Vision films.
    These jerks appear when there are dark images most often. My files are on the internal hard drive. I tried lots of settings without success.
    Do you have an idea please?

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you got auto framerate switched on?

11. Terry73

Terry73 New Member

Yes à lot of my dkv are in 24hz

I put framrate at 23hz i lost synchronisation regulary micro shuttering
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    Digidog likes this.
  12. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Hi Mark and All,

Is there any way to have the Zidoo scrape the full BD movie within a AVCHD folder?

I need to have the full BD rip within an AVCHD folder for the OPPO 203 to play it as well.

All my movies are stored in a NAS and I access them via NFS.

So the folder structure will look this way. PULP FICTION > AVCHD> BDMV folder....

Unfortunately zidoo doesnt see them, no problem at all with MKV files....

What am I doing wrong?

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think that will work - unless you use NFOs, for BDMV structures to be scraped correctly the immediate parent folder has to be named correctly.

In this case it'll be looking for a load of movies called AVCHD.

You could either use NFOs or rematch manually afterwards.

14. geebolt

geebolt Member

Have you though about MKV? The Oppo plays those just fine.

15. potato

potato New Member

Anyone else have an issue where 23.976 fps videos are delayed ~60ms while 59.94 hz videos have perfect AV sync? I tested with the files from photojoseph.com (can't link directly apparently) on this beta v1.0.75 into a Denon AVR-X3800H and a Hisense U8k.

16. KJC

KJC Member

All I'm noticing is micro stutter that I never noticed with my oppo player. Is there any way to fix it?

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I owned an original 203 and a Jailbroke clone and from what I Remember the 203 will not play FEL layer from MKV and it will also not Play TrueHD unless ac3 core is present - which isn't supported in MKV, I know you can trick the player to play the TrueHD but it is painful and some movies I could not get it to work.

geebolt likes this.
  18. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

Still have my 203 it, MKV and immersive audio is a PITA combo. I do use it for DVD disc and DVD rips because of the easy access to video controls. A little NR and/or sharpening can help some DVD's, my UHD5000, Z9X and Sony UBP-X1000 do not have these controls.

19. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Thanks again Mark,

Tried to rematch them manually...but the thing is that I have few BD Full rip within AVCHD folder, and so If I rematch the AVCHD folder of Pulp Fiction than also all the other movie within AVCHD will show with Pulp Fiction poster...in other words I cannot seem to rematch against movie folder with name of the movie "pulp fiction" but only with its content AVCHD... Will this be possible to fix if I want go for the manual way of remtaching?

How will I fix this with NFO?, do you mind providing a simple step guide to do so?

20. Rokus

Rokus New Member

Yes, MKV works on both OPPO and Zidoo, but OPPO doesnt play DV with MKV has to be M2ts...