1.2.44_BETA/1.2.74_BETA for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@Team Zidoo: Could somebody of your developers please explain?

...implementing new features does not make much sense as long as nobody knows how to use it.

2. pauldune

pauldune Member

I can confirm that since the 1.2.44 all album art from music streamed from LMS is now displayed correctly. Thanks @team Eversolo/ mirror.

Nutul likes this.
  3. blackie

blackie New Member

Thank you for the information and warning, installed ver. 1.2.40 and refused the upgrade to 1.2.50 just yet.

For a few days I'm comparing A6@internalDAC playback of well known locally stored tracks versus my old setup (RPi3+iPower+Moode@RT kernel+YulongDA8) with the same amp/speakers.
    Really want the A6 to be the better sounding device because I like it's user-friendly design, simplicity, comfort.
    But until now I always preferred the sound of the old setup which was more involving, natural, "real" sounding for me.
    A6 was more dynamic, with deeper bass and crisper hights but overall uninspiring, voices and instruments sounded clear and "fast" but with less "colors".

After installation of 1.2.40 I can hear more texture on voices and instruments, fuller, more fun sound compared to official ver. 1.2.30.
    I could probably live with this sound. Just hope that future firmware versions continue going this way instead of return to more analytical/cold sound.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

A exsample(Unzip it to get the XML file)

Attached Files:

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

And those XML files are on the SACD itself? If not, I fail to understand where they might come from... I am definitely not into SACD, so just asking out of curiosity, thanks.

6. The Moog

The Moog Member

Should be the metadata on the SACD.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I guessed it. Thank you.

The Moog likes this.
  8. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...thank you mirror for the file! Still i see no instruction what to do with it:
    - How to create it?
    - What shall i do with it?
    - And not to forget: What is the gap/error related to audio information from SACD that this xml is intended to solve??

9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@mirror : Could you explain please?