Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Pete B, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Pete B

Pete B Member

I just found out about this upcoming model: https://www.dune-hd.com/products/dune-hd-pro-one-8k-plus

Anyone had any experience with their products? Their previous 4K models (now sold out) apparently play multichannel (4.0 and 5,1) FLAC gaplessly which would be good to finally have.

My patience with the intermittent Z9X freezes when playing 4K Dolby Vision MKVs is wearing thin so might check out this new machine once available and all the early-adopters have confirmed it behaves itself.

2. xskip

xskip Active Member

For me, no problems with 4K Dolby Vision MKV.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah, not really appropriate to tout a rival company who don’t provide a free forum on the forum of one who does…

4. Pete B

Pete B Member

Whoops. Feel free to delete.

5. Pete B

Pete B Member

Me neither - usually. It's an intermittent thing. Occasionally, I'll get a freeze that either rewinding/fast-forwarding or switching everything off and then on again will resolve.

ToniBas1 likes this.
  6. Edworld

Edworld Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Zidoo is in the process of launching a product with the 928

7. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

It will make sense to see a project with 928..
    This new players with RTD1619BPD are totally useless compared with ‘normal’ RTD1619DR

gymnos and darkeyes909 like this.
  8. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

Please expand on your statement, why are the new players useless?

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just look for my posts on AVforum. Also includes a selection guide for multiple brands.
    I am a bit pissed also as most if not all problems and missing features for music player are solved on the Eversolo music streamers. :p

gymnos and Pete B like this.
  10. Pete B

Pete B Member

Thanks.

11. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

If you own the previous version it’s absolutely NOT need to buy this one..
    Just compere the them

12. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Not a single problem over here with 4k DV MKV for what it's worth.

13. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

Me either.... not even a hiccup, and I'm playing full remuxes at over 100Mbps file bandwidth.
    The issue is more likely with the media device serving up the file?

14. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Zero issues with 4K DV .MKV, most of the time it's or wonky rips, or something not right on the NAS side, assuming you have it on a ext NAS?
    All the stutter issues here are for 99% gone since i changed the user rights folders on the synology, since that was the issue.

About the S928X-J, that is an interesting chip. It's def faster than both 1619, so that could be handy for for example IPTV * (mucho channels to load). For HT it does not really matter me think. Maybe the first run, loading poster can be faster, but thats cosmetic.
    Also, i've seen multiple screen examples with the Ugoos AM8 ( same socket) and that looked impressive.

Not Sure what DUNE exactly is at the moment, they where based in Ukraine, and not sure what the current situation is.
    Current mfg is TheStreamer Inc. Limited, and thats hongkong based, same company as boxy.

It is def an interesting socket for those who want more cyclepower, since 8K is still far away.

15. Pete B

Pete B Member

All my MKVs are done by me from discs I've purchased and they all finish error-free.

Playback is via a WD 4TB HDD through a powered USB hub.

I've had the freeze on ~5 Dolby Vision 4K movies total and usually after a stop or a pause and then a resume. Sometimes it happens during the credits where the image freezes and audio continues.

It's clearly an intermittent thing (always the worst kind of error) and could be a HDD stutter or a player thing. Others on this forum experience it too so I'm leaning towards a player problem. Maybe a bunch of extra RAM may help on a subsequent purchase. Time will tell.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  16. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, after husteling around with media players for 10+ years, my advice would be to stay away from separate ext drives like your WD one.
    Also, forget media players with internal HD's, and put that money in a NAS, and buy just the most simple stream model. In Zidoo's case, the 9 model.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Exactly my opinion too.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

My Z1000Pro is fed by an Internal HD, a Yottamaster Hub containing 4 HDD's and 3 separate NAS's - not had a problem with any of them whatsoever - I too have been messing about with Media Players for years too. Just thought I'd add some "balance" .

crutzulee and darkeyes909 like this.
  19. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have an 8 bay NAS and 2 internal hdd in my 3000. No freezes. Simply works. I do eliminate all unnecessary tracks from my rips and prefer to have my subs as external .ass files (they look nicer!). All videos are MKV with a handful of MP4’s

20. Pete B

Pete B Member

Good to know. Here in NZ, a suitable NAS cost to cover my collection + redundancy is about 3x the amount of a few external HDD's though and I've heard way too many horror stories of, "A 16TB drive failed and the backup didn't do its thing so I've lost 16TB worth of music and movies". Guess I'll stick with the little spinny discs for now. The older you get, the less you want to spend time with this stuff - I just want a story before bed!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024