Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. JavItu

JavItu New Member

Hello, why can't it be updated from ZIDOO itself via OTA?

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Unknown reason, maybe Zidoo servers out of updated. As said earlier, usually beta versions are not OTA released.

3. Moyt

Moyt New Member

No, but I'm just assuming there's nothing that can be figured out possibly due to VLC not being fully supported by Zidoo.
    If you open up VLC (assuming you're running the Google Play firmware), you go:
    Other > settings > Media library > storages = this is where the internal memory and external HDD's show up that you can select. Except it does nothing for me when selecting them, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

4. John7

John7 New Member

I'm having some issues with this FW version (Z9X Pro).
    If I skip ahead in a video file, the audio gets stuttery (sort of rapid cracking noises) I have to skip again and it reverts to normal. It will do the same thing again if I skip forward again. This happens with all types of video files and occurs every time I skip forward.

Also, sometimes 4K file playback stops and the player hangs (still image and then reverts to home screen). Sometimes it just goes to a black screen and I have to shut down/re-boot to get playback again.

Also, I've noticed a couple of times the home screen on boot, appears as a tiny 50mm ssquare in the upper left corner of the TV screen, requiring a re-boot to get normal service.

Anyone else having these issues?

5. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

occasionally all of the above

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Think this is to do with the EDID being lost issue ...theyve been working on for awhile and mostly its stable now
    Instead of a reboot you can try the resoltion button on remote .push wait 5 secs try again etc .that will cycle thru till its back on a legit resolution (worked for me on earlier f/w ..guess it still works ) Setting custom EDID to stop this issue doesnt yet work ie had the EDID change on me maybe 2 times since .75 came out

7. Mateus Frasson

Mateus Frasson New Member

I must say: Thank you for present support. Could get Z9X Pro HDR10+ from Profile B.

8. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

"This firmware is being rolled out OTA", was part of the announcement of the 1.0.75 "Beta". But it seems that many of us did anyway not get it offered through OTA (despite having the Beta box checked).

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Just d/l it from page 1 of this thread
    Dont unzip it ..place on a usb drive or a HDD you can access over smb then ,go to update choose usb and point to zip file location
    Works just the same but you get it faster :p

10. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

personally I do not recommend firmware 1.0.75 it only gave me bugs making my box unusable

11. KJC

KJC Member

Same here. VLC should be supported by Zidoo as its an android box for its variety of media files playability. Just allowing VLC the access to external storage wont cause any harm, will it?

12. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

The fact that it’s not available OTA leads me to believe it has some issues and it may have been pulled back. More concerning to me is the overall lack of support being given to these new models. Almost as if the manufacturer of these units updated to the current available chips and hoped everything remained the same with operation.
    Does anyone know the Chinese manufacturer of these units that supposedly supplies these to Zidoo, Dune, and R_volution(new Zappiti)?

13. USA

USA Member

This FW has nothing solved of my earlier reported problems with my UHD5000. Still existing:

- Change Poster crash
    - Surf Cast Crash
    - Collection Crash
    - Crashing during a running movie
    - DVD iso's labeled as BD
    - Very poor performance of the posterwall

new

- very frequently crashing when scanning shares

Testing R_volution on my old Zappiti Neo. It's stable and performant - much better than Zidoo.
    I think Zidoo is no more interested in mediaplayers. To sell eversolo boxes brings much much more $$$ than selling cheap Zidoo boxes.

cbnbmore likes this.
  14. USA

USA Member

I don't know the manufacturer of these. But I own devices from them all. My experience with them:

- Dune performant and stable. Greatest downside you cannot change movie posters.
    - R_volution slow in scraping new movies, but posterwall is OK and all is stable
    - Zidoo the worst of all players, especially UHD5000, on the market. Slow and instable at large collections (3000+). Zidoo is unable to fix the reported issues since 6 month ago.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    KJC and cbnbmore like this.
  15. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

The price tag of my Z2000 Pro was not what I'd call cheap... But I certainly agree with the concerns about the level of support being offered by Zidoo for these recent models.

USA and cbnbmore like this.
  16. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

The unfortunate thing is I think the prior generation of Zidoo players seems to be more stable. I think it might be a case of the manufacturer said we are using these new chips and if you want more players this is what we currently offer. A learning moment for sure is the latest is greatest saying doesn’t always hold true.

17. USA

USA Member

I meant cheap in relation to the price ratios.

Zidoo Z2000 Pro 559€

Eversolo DMP A6 859€
    Eversolo DMP A6 Master Edition 1299€
    Eversolo DMP A8 1980€

As you can see, the cheapest Eversolo box is more expensive than the Zidoo Z2000 Pro. Hence my expression 'cheap Zidoo boxes'.

Then there's the fact that the market for music lovers is x times bigger than that for movie lovers. It is therefore to be feared that Zidoo doesn't care at all whether we are stuck with their junk or not. The only thing that can be done is to tell other prospective buyers about the experience over and over again, and at every opportunity, so that they don't throw their money out of the window.

cbnbmore likes this.
  18. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

I totally agree. The problem is Zidoo wasn’t like this in the past. They used to push firmwares out every week it seemed. Now that they have Eversolo the software engineers seem to be focused primarily on that product line. That and the fact that streaming is quickly pushing physical media and associated media players aside isn’t helping.

KJC and USA like this.
  19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There's no doubt that focus has been geared more towards the music players - I think their success took Zidoo by surprise.

But since the new boxes were released end of May last year, I've had 18 firmware revisions which amounts to an average of about one every 12 days in 2023.

By comparison, the Z9X in 2022 - I had 27 revisions over the year, an average of one every 14 days. In 2021 it was the same - also one every 14 days.

So yeah, it's frustrating that there are so many bugs left but focus is slowly coming back, and I'm hoping the next revision gets us back on track - this last one was admittedly a bit problematic to say the least.

JackMikkers, cbnbmore, KJC and 2 others like this.
  20. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

My UHD5000 is on v1.0.75, so far I have only used it for movie play. In my setup it does better than my Zappiti Neo with HDR → SDR (Sony projector). Same for my Zidoo Z9X. All playing from a Zappiti NAS SE.

Folks with a large collection - there is a simple fix for finding and selecting a title to watch: Select HT4 → Settings → Poster View → Poster display mode → List mode. Now you can scroll down and up the numerical-alphabet selector on the left very rapidly. If you stop on say M then it will list all the titles with M. Highlight “Manhunter” and it will display the poster and all info for that title. Once you highlight a title then click “Play” button on your remote and off you go.

Posted the above info in another thread.

[​IMG]

JackMikkers, sandyj and cbnbmore like this.