Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Radi

Radi New Member

Hi Miguel, I have pretty similiar setup, that is n5 and z9x, but without vertex². Have you noticed any difference in HDR with and without vertex² in chain? I have a feeling that it is ok until frame adapt is on, then it looks contrastless, just as if range was shifted from 16-235 to 0-255...I wonder if this has something to do with lack of HDR sei when playing through LLDV...

2. Radi

Radi New Member

So, no LLDV with jvc DTM without vertex²? I can switch manually my n5 into HDR mode, on the info tab it shows only BT2020 colorimetry though.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you can manually set to Frame Adapt HDR then you shouldn't need the Vertex. I don't have one of the new JVCs so can't say for sure.

Essentially you just squirt an LLDV signal processed in BT.2020 at the projector and tell it it's HDR10, either by sending an HDR signal with a Vertex or setting the HDR mode manually in the display.

vddan and Radi like this.
  4. vddan

vddan Active Member

I confirm manually in HDR10!!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Thank you. I did follow page 1 :) What is EDID?

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I would say at this point, that if you have to ask, then don't mess with them......... until you have a clear picture of what you are trying to accomplish with your display and its capabilities.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Thanks for the clarification Mark, shame there isn't a switch in the VS10 to allow HLG through untouched.

8. Markswift2003

I'll report to the devs... You never know...

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  9. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

This may have been asked before, but is there any downside to sending over 4k 4:4:4 12bit with 24hz content, rather than only 10 bit? Just wanted to confirm since DV is supposed to be 12 bit. I'm assuming this makes no difference since the current TVs we have are 10 bit, and it has to convert to 10 bit at some point in the chain, but wanted to confirm.

10. Markswift2003

No real downside, absolutely no upside - makes no difference to the picture, it just uses more bandwidth.

Those settings have no effect on Dolby Vision.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  11. Jimbo Randy

Thank you for the answer, and thank you for still being engaged on this forum. Is there an official thread for "upcoming zidoo models" that would be most appropriate to follow and ask questions in? I still have my fingers crossed for an updated future device that plays the EL from FEL format :). Maybe one day....

Thanks again!

12. Markswift2003

I'm still using a Z9X in my cinema, so happy to engage ;)

Don't hold your breath for FEL playback from any media player.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  13. Jimbo Randy

Meh, gotchya. Is that because Dolby would never share how to do it?

14. Markswift2003

No, VS10 is perfectly capable given the correct hardware, Dolby just won't allow it on media players.

15. sebna

sebna Member

Hopefully that is the right place to mention it.

Zidoos (at least previous gen) don't recognize .mk3d extension for frame packed mkv.

Could you please flag it to dev team for it to be added? It is very handy for storing and sorting.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  16. sebna

sebna Member

Question about this snippet. NFO parsing means that Zidoo creates it's own using scraped data from HMDB? So if we provide our own local NFOs parsing should be disabled?

Does trailer and cast limitation applys to local NFOs?

17. Markswift2003

NFO parsing means it uses NFOs when scraping - you can create them however you want as long as they're compatible with the Zidoo. So no, you need to enable NFO parsing for NFO parsing to work!

Trailer info is only included by NFOs generated by the box if previously accessed before the NFO is produced. If you produce externally, it's up to you whether you include it or not. I would always recommend using local trailers so Trailer detail in the NFO is irrelevant.

sebna likes this.
  18. sebna

sebna Member

Perfect. All clear now and makes sense.

19. sebna

sebna Member

Does this paragraph means that HT4 supports only following ART file types?:

movieName-poster.jpg, collectionName-poster.jpg, movieName-fanart.jpg, collectionName-fanart.jpg?

I am asking as TinyMediaManager have options to download a lot more so want to make sure what can I turn off as it would not be used by Zidoo anyway?

Thanks

20. Markswift2003

Also supports movieName-clearlogo.png but those are not exported by the Zidoo because they are generated at runtime.

sebna likes this.