Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Is this with a custom EDID (for example, using LLDV)?
    Zidoo EDID: BT2020NEW 1000nit LLDV

What HDR mode are you using on the Zidoo?
    Zidoo Display/HDR: Auto

Are you using DTM on the N7 or a static gamma?
    Content Type: Auto (HDR10)
    Picture Mode: Film Adapt HDR

Are you using a custom gamma?
    The JVC has the "out of the box" gamma.

Can you post a mediaInfo report from one of the offending files.

General
    Unique ID : 148651366402162852096547798265186453148 (0x6FD5363765C9A02A83F2B0201103869C)
    Complete name : W:\Video\Hannibal (2001) 4K.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 72.0 GiB
    Duration : 2 h 11 min
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 78.4 Mb/s
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Movie name : Hannibal
    Encoded date : 2023-10-25 19:47:47 UTC
    Writing application : MakeMKV v1.17.5 win(x64-release)
    Writing library : libmakemkv v1.17.5 (1.3.10/1.5.2) win(x64-release)

Video
    ID : 1
    ID in the original source medium : 4113 (0x1011)
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Bit rate : 74.7 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.375
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:0000000000
    Stream size : 68.6 GiB (95%)
    Language : English
    Default : No
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 710 cd/m2
    Original source medium : Blu-ray

Audio
    ID : 2
    ID in the original source medium : 4352 (0x1100)
    Format : DTS XLL
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Commercial name : DTS-HD Master Audio
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 3 652 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Stream size : 3.35 GiB (5%)
    Title : Surround 5.1
    Default : Yes

Text
    ID : 3
    ID in the original source medium : 4768 (0x12A0)
    Format : PGS
    Codec ID : S_HDMV/PGS
    Codec ID/Info : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
    Duration : 2 h 10 min
    Bit rate : 35.1 kb/s
    Frame rate : 0.354 FPS
    Count of elements : 2774
    Stream size : 32.7 MiB (0%)
    Default : Yes

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, so with that EDID, HDR set to Auto and that file, the output from the Zidoo will be LLDV tone mapped to 1000nits in BT.2020 colour which is essentially the same thing as an HDR10 signal with MaxCLL at 1000nits as far as video goes.

There's nothing in the video signal that the JVC will recognise so the HDFury is used to tell it that it's HDR10 by sending a dummy HDR message.

Have you got the HDFury set up as in the attached PDF?

upload_2023-10-28_15-42-33.png

Also attached is a zip containing different Luminance settings for the Dolby Block for you to try - remember, you need to match the Max Luminance and MaxCLL in the above screen to the Dolby Block value and pick a sensible value for MaxFALL.

As I understand it, the JVC doesn't really care too much about the reported nit levels when using DTM since it analyses the picture rather than use the metadata, but it still needs to know what the signal is and as I say, without a correct HDR10 SEI, it has no way to understand what a DV signal is.

Attached Files:

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  3. Miguel Ramos

Thanks again. You, in fact, are tireless in helping the Zidooers!! :)

There's something that I don't understand that is happening, which is, I do the following in the "HDR/AVI" tab:

upload_2023-10-28_16-9-1.png

But after "refreshing" it always comes back to this (i believe that's the "Default IF"):

upload_2023-10-28_16-7-9.png

Shouldn't the "Max Luminance" stay at 1000 and the "Primaries" stay at IUT-R BT2020-2? Why, every time I refresh it always goes back to 4000 and DCI P3?

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Ben602 said “……. but they are Android players which means that you can download streaming apps.”
    Does that logically follow or is it an assumption?
    Zidoo might for all I know actively prevent the use of its VS10 engine for licensing reasons. Rather than ask, I would follow the “Little Red Hen” principle and simply try to do it myself and then report back so others who may be disappointed or happy with my discovery:(

Phil181 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

No, don't worry about that - it's just poor coding by the HDFury devs. The settings are saved when you press "Send HDR" but when you refresh the page it does not query the device so the settings show as the default ones.

There are quite a few similar issues with HDFury devices and I gave up trying to get them changed years ago - they are brilliant devices but very frustrating in their logic sometimes.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  6. Miguel Ramos

Now I got it and makes total sense as in the JVC info it appears the nits luminance correctly. I just thought that it changes on the refreshing. Thanks so much for your support.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

I just removed two movies and added a new movie to my external hard drive which is connected to the Z9X via smb. When I go to HT4 the deleted movies are still there and the new one isn't added. Automatically updating sources and Automatically scan devices are both enabled. Any idea why it's not updating my movie library? I noticed it isn't updating in Kodi either even after a force update library.

8. frogboy2727

frogboy2727 New Member

Mark .. I've been successfully using my ZX9 (via Denon receiver) to my 2012 Panny 1080p VT50 plasma. I've recently updated my storage, to a DAS, connected directly to the ZX9. It's a simple set up, but, works perfectly. I will be purchasing a Sony 85" X95L, shortly. Would you be so kind, as providing me, with the necessary Z9X settings for this new tv ??

9. Markswift2003

I would simply follow the settings in the first post.

The only options to consider are whether you want the GUI presented in 23Hz or 60Hz and whether you want to fix the HDR setting to something other than Auto.

If you run into issues when you get the new TV, post on here but either @ me or reply to this post to make sure I see it.

10. frogboy2727

frogboy2727 New Member

Thanks again, Mark .. I remember "talking" with you, when I purchased my first Zidoo z9s device. I tend to hold on to my equipment, a little too long. My Panny is in mint condition. Luckily, my sister will take it.

11. alberto10

alberto10 New Member

Good morning everyone.
    THANK YOU for this incredible forum.
    I have had the Z10 PRO for a year and I am happy with the quality it gives me.
    I currently use the ZIDOO with the optoma uhz50 to watch movies and series in UHD REMUX.
    This week the SAMSUNG S95C arrives in 65 inches and I will also hook it up to the zidoo to also enjoy the movies and series by zidoo on my new QD-OLED.
    I have several questions or problems if you can help me.
    1.- What would be the most interesting settings to set?
    2.- I still have some delay on a black screen when I play a movie and it looks to see if it is 2160, HDR, and the frames...what setting do you recommend that I set it to the Hz so that I don't have that small cut in black until the image is seen, although I hear the sound of the movie I played... for a few seconds but I don't like it.
    3.- I try to reproduce 3D and I can't. It is set to 2160...do I have to change something in zidoo to make it play those movies that I have in 3d on the zidoo to watch on the optoma uhz50 projector?
    4.- lately they don't appear on MULTIMEDIA
    covers some movies and series that I have sent to the hard drive....but then if I go into folders they do appear...do you know why that is?
    5.- Finally, are there any different settings I need to make to see the zidoo now on the new SAMSUNG S95C OLED?
    6.- Any current or beta firmware that I should have installed?
    THANK YOU !!!

12. Vzik-29

Vzik-29 New Member

Здравствуйте, Markswift2003. Подскажите пожалуйста. У меня Zidoo UHD 3000 не хочет передавать изображение через ресивер Yamaha RX-A1060. Изображение появляется на пару секунд и пропадает. Не понимаю какие настройки изменить. Может посоветуете что-нибудь?
    Hello Markswift2003. Please tell me. My Zidoo UHD 3000 does not want my image through the Yamaha RX-A1060 receiver. The image appears for a couple of seconds and disappears. I don't understand what settings to change. Can you recommend anything?

13. burton

burton Member

Merry Xmas everybody...!

I have the following settings (z9x)

Switch frame rate only (display in 1080p/23)(do i loose half of the 4k pixels of 4k movies that way?)

and the picture in (4k movies,720p movies) is much better (sharper, colorwise they are the same) than in switch frame rate and resolution or 4k locked display and switch frame rate only,

why is that? (my tv is sony xh95 4k)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  14. Markswift2003

Try pressing the "Resolution" button on the remote successively, leaving a gap between presses to allow HDMI to sync until you find a resolution/framerate that works.

Once you have a picture you can choose your settings as you want.

15. burton

burton Member

Can anoyne help?
    is it ok to have 1080p in settings for watching 4k movies on a 4k tv or am i doing something wrong, cause the picrure looks better with that setting......

Actually,i think that if you put 1080p output on zidoo then the scaling is done by the tv if you put 4k output it is done by zidoo regardless of the change resolution setting.....

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  16. kovacsgergely83

kovacsgergely83 New Member

Guys, long story short: subtitle downloader up until and including FW 6.4.62 used the legacy Opensubtitles.org API that has been deprecated on 31st of December, so if you try to download subtitles now, you will end up with a constant, fake Danish "Become VIP member" subtitle:

20240102_175819.jpg

Since you cannot enter your Opensubtitles.org credentials into Zidoo, doesn't make any sense to follow down this path (for VIP users, the legacy API is still available for an extended grace period). Instead this player generation needs to be updated to the latest 6.4.65 December FW update, in which Zidoo has implemented the new Opensubtitles.com REST API, that works. Unfortunately now the subtitle download window only shows the movie/series name, but not the year / edition / release details, which is probably a shortcoming in the Zidoo implementation, as the updated Opensubtitles.com plugin for ZDMC (Kodi) still shows all these.

20240102_212723.jpg

20240102_212803.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  17. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi. I was trying to go trough the 108 pages of this forum, but the more I read, the more I get confused. Especially that I am not familiar with technical issues and all the complicates settings, which I do not understand. I switched from Z9S to the Neo S, which is connetcted to a Marantz SR6013 AVR. For picture I use a Panasonic OLED GZ960, 65" or JVC DLA-N5 projector. I have also a 5.1.4 sound system based on Monitor Audio speakers. I mostly (90%) watch full UDH/4K movies (1:1 copies) with BD menu stored on HDD and connected to the Zidoo via USB 3.0. Having said that, I would like to ask a simple question, for which the answer might be somewhere on the 108 pages. If the answer is there, excuse me question. But as I said at the beginning I am a total noob.

The question: what would be the best audio/ video settings for me, to get the best possible quality? Iwould very much apperciate any support.
    Thank you in advance.

18. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Had the Z9X since launch, first time I have come across this problem - does or should VS10 handle HLG content exactly the same as HDR10? I have a series here in HLG and the blacks are raised when used with VS10 (almost grey letterbox). Thank you.

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You've to read and follow page 1/108 and if not success, try to find an EDID to match your TV, PJ and HDMI cable specs.

20. Markswift2003

Yep - Native HLG is fine but using VS10 to convert to HDR10 or DV raises the black floor.

It's the same on the BPD boxes too.