DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. pnjunction

pnjunction Member

Very match agreed. Absolutely necessary feature. And showing release date of album/song on the main screen too.

2. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Give it a set of Marigolds and it will wash the dishes too!

3. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

I would like that after poweron the music starts again where it ends. So the radio is automatically turn on when poweron

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

You can already do that.

5. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

How then ?
    I use internet radio but the a6 only poweron..

6. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

On the screen, choose ‘Music’ / ‘Settings’ (cog wheel top right) / ‘Play’ / ‘Auto play at boot’ set to on.

I believe, this should work…

IMG_0197.jpeg

7. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

Thank you very much.
    It works

8. octavius

octavius Member

Už som tu písal o niektorých, kde to funguje dobre. Mirror suggested me turn on that switch.

9. FotoModo

FotoModo New Member

The list of the new albums should reflect the name of the artists, not the name of the albums, it's pretty useless now...

Attached Files:

10. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Go to Cast view and then the streaming ap you are using..then you will see everything.

FotoModo likes this.
  11. I would like to see on the now playing screen the HiRes logo beneath the PCM or MQA logo if the sampling rate is above 44,1 kHz or the depth is higher than 16 bit.

Miki222 and Nutul like this.
  12. tora-tora

tora-tora Member

You are not correct. It does support lossless
    upload_2024-1-2_12-17-20.png
    the limitation may be related to Apple Music playing from iOS device and sending a stream to a player. Unless it is not Apple Music lossless should be available

other vendors can do it but not Eversolo

Don’t you need lossless AirPlay in Eversolo?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  13. ammar11

I don’t see any evidence of lossless in your post.

14. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

ALAC = Apple Lossless Audio Codec

tora-tora and ammar11 like this.
  15. Berico

Berico Member

I haven't followed the beta evolution much, but will it be possible to also connect a microphone via USB to perform a self-calibration?
    waiting for Qobuz direct app. :cool:

16. Remik

Remik Member

Qubuz Direct may be added by the creator. But forget about the microphone and calibration.

17. ammar11

Ah yes, thank you. Forgot about that.

upload_2024-1-3_7-34-39.jpeg

upload_2024-1-3_7-34-56.jpeg

So in this case the highlighted row is the only one that fits with what is happening with the A6.

The only difference with the others is the streaming mode, “Bufferred” with “AirPlay 2” at all stages, could this be the reason? Where is it bufferring, the sender or thr receiver? If receiver maybe Eversolo can change “Bufferred” to “Real-Time” in a firmware update. If the sender then I’m not sure if Eversolo can do anything with it.

One thing for sure though, no hi-res support.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Wait a second... wasn't the A6 supporting AirPlay 1 only?
    I do see the display, which does not lie, but somehow doesn't make much sense to me... I mean: either Eversolo now support AirPlay 2, or the table is wrong and should have the quality of the line you marked, and of the one above, exchanged (which makes more sense, if all the chain is AP2 it should offer better everything).

19. ammar11

I have no idea anymore, I’ve abandoned AirPlay a long time ago. The reason why I bought the A6 to get Apple Music lossless hi-res which is more important to me than multi-room support (I would’ve bought something else if all I want is multi-room).

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ops, I am not sure I understood... you originally bought the A6 for its AP capability, but then you abandoned AP completely? Just being curious, that's all.