Zidoo z2600 oder UHD 5000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Cisco2K, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Guten tag liebe Forummitglieder.

ich bin neu in diesem Forum und bräuchte etwas Unterstützung. Besitze einen Dune HD im Wohmzimmer und wollte nun für mein Kinoraum, was neues probieren.
    Ich interessiere mich für den Zidoo Z2600 und den UHD 5000, wollte von euch wissen, was es für Unterschiede gibt zwischen den beiden, ausser das der UHD einen zweiten Schacht besitzt und ob es sich lohnt den teueren UHD 5000 zu kaufen.

2. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Niemand Erfahrungen oder informationen?

3. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

I think you'd have got more replies if you posted in the same language as all the other posts on this forum.

- UHD5000 has an ESS9068 audio DAC, primarily for music.
    - UHD5000 has two HDD bays instead of one.
    - UHD5000 has a linear PSU for the ESS audio circuitry.
    - Minor differences in internal storage and ports.

4. Hallo Rufe autentic cinema maal an die werd zagen das die uhd5000 besser ist

5. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Excuse me. I'm from Germany. Thought that my text would be translated into English.
    Then I post everything in English. Sorry if it gets grammatically incorrect at times.
    Hello dear forum members.
    I'm new to this forum and would need some support. I own a Dune HD in the living room and now wanted to try something new for my cinema room.
    I'm interested in the Zidoo Z2600 and the UHD 5000, wanted to know from you what the differences are between the Zidoo Z2600 and the UHD 5000.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In addition to what @futeko said above, assuming you're talking about picture quality and sound quality over HDMI, then there is absolutely no difference at all - all devices in the same range use the same SOC and performance is identical over HDMI.

gymnos and Cisco2K like this.
  7. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

thank you very much for the statement. The performance is important to me and that there are no differences from the picture / poster wall. I think then I am well served with the Z2600. I don't necessarily need to have a second hard drive slot.
    Z2600: 669€
    UHD 5000: 1100€
    Very big financial difference

8. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    gymnos likes this.
  9. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

The thing is that each device has its strengths and weaknesses. When it comes to that, you couldn't buy anything at all. That's why I signed up here in the forum and thought I'd get more detailed information about the players.

Thanks for the links

10. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

For me, it wasn't about strengths and weaknesses, but about the bugs.

You can find a good comparison of the functions and features here: Zidoo Player Specification Comparison Sheet – McBluna.net
    You can hide models and only leave the ones that interest you

gymnos likes this.
  11. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Okay, but bugs can also be found on other devices or competing products. As long as the bugs are fixed by updates, that's all fine. Thanks for the link. I'll take a look

Would you rather not recommend the UHD 5000 or the company Zidoo?

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I have Zidoo UHD3000 and I am completely satisfied. And of the current players, I can only recommend the Zidoo.
    But I personally won't be buying the UHD5000 yet, for me the device still has problems that will bother me when using it...

13. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Thank you for your experience. I would be very interested in the UHD 5000 and would buy it already. Can you explain to me what problems the device has? Are they probably software problems or are they problems with the hardware?

14. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

As has already been written here, apart from the DAC, all Zidoo players with the RTD 1619BPD chip have practically the same hardware, which also means the same problems.
    Just read the forum and see for yourself. Everyone has different requirements and uses the payer to a certain extent. I bought Z2000Pro in the summer, was disappointed and returned the device,
    which I don't really like to do. I will get the UHD5000 at some point but I'm still waiting. I'm not an enthusiast, I'm a user, I don't want to experiment and test with the device.
    I want to switch on the player, select a film and enjoy it, that's why I'm sticking with the UHD3000, almost 30 FWs have already been released for the device and for me it does what I expect it to do.

gymnos and Cisco2K like this.
  15. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

So, now I have the uhd 5000 standing here.very nice device very well made. At first I was a bit disappointed, because dd all mkv files produced small stutters. However, you can set this in the settings. Now everything runs as smooth as butter. What I don't understand is how to play AVI files. Some movies start without any problems, others don't start at all. What does this depend on? Luckily, I only have a few avi files, so I convert them to another format.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It depends on the video codec - AVI is just a wrapper.

Cisco2K likes this.
  17. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Thank you very much for the info. I am newbie in the field. Is there anywhere on the internet a step by step guide or totorials where you can get everything explained? Would be very grateful for tips.

18. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

You have bought the player and have been using it for a few days. To what extent do you use the player? Are you satisfied with it?

19. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Ah yes, the little fan, it's still there... Why Zidoo doesn't install a 120 mm fan is a mystery to me. The Dune Ultra has it and it's not noticeable.
    I have the collection on a NAS, in the Zidoo I only have a 2 TB SSD and that's enough for current films that are on the list for the next weekend. For this reason, I have switched off the fan completely.

I also had 2 x 8TB hard drives in the Zidoo, but for me the read head noise was unbearable and I moved the hard drives to a compact external USB enclosure.