Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. BREY

BREY Member

I don’t know if this problem existed before (the format is rare). I discovered that with the 1080@50 interface the video resolution does not switch to 2160p. HLG mode starts, but the resolution remains 1080. HDR10 and DV switch to 2160. If you set the interface to 2160, then playback goes to 2160.
    check and, if possible, in the next (summer or autumn) firmware please correct this little thing.
    video:

**Mod Edit - please do not post links to illegal content. Only Fair Use is permitted**

2. Lucien

Lucien Member

How do you set the interface to 2160 ? I get this problem sometime at boot, going to 1080p (still on latest official Firmware)

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Do you mean in the Zidoo home page or while playing back a movie?

4. MATech

MATech New Member

I’ve been running the z9x for an around a year or so now and I’m currently running v6.4..62 I believe, throughout my time with the z9x I’ve always had issues with trailers playing back.

The beta versions always seem to fix it for the movies sections for me but tv shows have never worked as far as the trailers are concerned.

Does this new beta fix the trailers for tv shows?

I also run an Apple TV’s (last 3 generations) and via infuse the trailers just work better with higher quality and quicker load times compared to HT4.

I realise this plays trailers back from YouTube but there must be a way to speed the process up surely? Even with a gigabit wired internet, trailers can take up to a minute to start and then play back at what seems lower than 480p.

I always like to try betas if they have new features or improve performance but I rarely use subtitles (apart from to translate sections in foreign languages) and the trailers is quite important to me so as long as it doesn’t break that I’d like to try the beta unless a public release has a predicted release date (say after 2-3 months beta testing).

5. lanz

lanz Member

I download everything locally (clearlogo, trailer, etc.) and export all my subtitles as external files. It's the only way to get something perfect, especially with anime.

I even touch up some of the backgrounds of old series/anime (not TMDB-compliant, for example). It's hard work, but it's the only way to keep from getting frustrated.

Deano86 likes this.
  6. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Has chapter support been fixed for MKVs?

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I haven’t noticed any problems.

litlgi74 likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No issue I'm aware of.

9. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

Does anyone have their AVR connected to both Z9X and AppleTV4K with this new version?
    My Denon seems to have the Z9X and AppleTV mixed up at the HDMI device ID level and now AppleTV only shows when disconnecting the Z9X. It did not happen with prev version...

Something must have messed up the AVR. I will disconnect everything, rewire and check again :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  10. edik74

edik74 New Member

And the new firmware for my NEO X helped me a lot. I have 2 applications. One for IPTV
    and another for watching movies online. Both one application and the other glitched more often than they worked. The problem was that both applications would close spontaneously, which was very annoying. But I knew that Zidoo is not very friendly with streaming applications. But now I can say that with the new firmware, not a single application has ever closed while working. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks now.

11. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Thank you Zidoo for all your efforts. 62 has been working very well for some time. No details for subs is a deal breaker for this 65 version.

12. Verve

Verve New Member

Good thing I saw the bug with the subs.. I'm staying on version 62..

13. Raymen

Raymen New Member

i put on the latest firmware and i also have the bug with the subs

hope there will be a fix soon
    don`t want to flash my zidoo

14. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Thanks .. I was slightly confused. Thinking of this mkv chapter issue and my X9S players.

15. Chr0matic

Chr0matic New Member

Since the newest update I noticed the following: when watching TV shows, after one episode is played and the next one is started there's some stutter for a few seconds with no audio, it basically starts happening after the second episode for as long as they are played one after the other. Has anyone else encountered this? Or could this be because of the HDD?

16. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Guess I stay on version 42 forever since there are bugs with 62 and 65.

crutzulee likes this.
  17. Edworld

Edworld Member

I wish i would have stayed on 42

18. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

You can downgrade easily with a full image found here in the forums.

19. Edworld

Edworld Member

Fear factor of brick in it stops be from trying.

Right now, I have it unplugged next to my TV

darkeyes909 likes this.
  20. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I don’t think you need to fear anything. I downgraded my old X9S like 6-7 times because newer firmwares were also bugged there, it’s still the same method. Those bricks are very rare and almost of them can be revivied with the TTL/UART method.